Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 09-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Spike

good luck yooper. We went out again this morning and saw absolutely nothing. Only thing I saw was a rabbit on the way in and a Spider that crawled up my chest. Hope ya'll have a good weekend.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a couple sets hung yesterday. Donated a couple pints to the mosquitos in the process too. If the sign (tracks, droppings, trails) is any indication, things are looking good. I can't believe how high the grass and undergrowth is this year without the cows being around, its much improved over last year. They are tearing up the acorns that are falling right now and one stand is hung at the intersection of some trails that lead to an oak flat, I'm maybe 50 yards out of the oaks. I contemplated hanging right in the thick of them, but my entry and exit would have been right through the middle of them, so i opted to move off the edge a little. This is a spot I really looked at last year, but there are no trees I could get my climber into safely, they are either real small, or just gnarly, but with hang-ons, problem solved.

The second spot is a dynamite spot from last year. Its a funnel that all but one buck that was cruising during the rut used to cross a deep ravine. If that pattern holds up for this year, I should have a good opportunity to get it done from that spot. The ravine is nasty as ever, so that funnel should still be heavily used. Gotta head back out today to do some trimming but then i'll be out of there until 10/2/09 when I can hunt the first time. I'm excited about the oak stand for my first evening hunt. Need to draw some blood early on this year!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Checking in guys, glad to be on.

I'll be hunting both PA and a trip back to IL this year where Rob and I went last year. I killed a 135" 8, 21.5" inside spread there last year.

I apologize I'm not on very much but I will check in from time to time and hopefully contribute some antler.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to have you Q, welcome to the team! Hopefully you can connect again this year. I was out again this morning, just trimming up a couple spots. I'm confident in the spots I picked out, so we'll see what happens in a about 11 days. Raining like crazy right now, which works out well since I was sweating like a government mule while hanging stands yesterday.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

haha glad to hear you got your work done yooper sounds like you are all set to go. i cant wait for the season to start. i have to get a stand hung this week before it gets too late. really excited to hopefully get some antler on the board for the team good luck to all as the season draws nearer
Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Had planned on getting my last sets hung this weekend.. but rain on sunday prevented this from happening.. SO, next weekend it is.. I will be headed to Pike to scout and hang sets.. I will do my best to try and get some pictures of some sets and my ground to show you guys.. Season is drwing close.. I am nothing short of PUMPED!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getting closer! 10/2 will be my first sit, I was planning on opening evening, but just too much stuff at work that day to be able to get out in time. SO humid today, ick.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

It only gets better from here... I do not have to go for my training class on 9/29 - 10/1. The class was full and I have to go another time. Opening day, here I go!

On the way to set up a game cam again. I tried them before with 35mm. Not impressed. Now its the digital Stealth cams and wish me luck!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Checked the weather for opening weekend.. WOW. Temps dropping... Have a very good feeling about everything... As I said, I will update you all on my weekend trip over to the farm..
Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just looking at the 10 day, and it definetely looks like temps will be much improved over the last couple of years. Rainy, but that's not of too much concern, i've got clothes for that. Looks like I may be able to sneak out on the opener for an afternoon hunt, at least that is my hope. I'll have all my stuff in the truck just in case all things align. Nothing majorly hunting related going on this weekend, just do some final gear checks and see if I need anything. Probably going to get some new spandex type gloves, I really like the under armour ones, but come on, $30 is a little steep. We'll see if they follow me home though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.