Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Getting ready to go adjust some stands today as there have been a few new ones put into the corsshairs for this season. This new tract we just picked up, is 850 acres of archery only hunting. It has not been hunted in 5 years ( I was actually the last person to hunt this tract when the former landowner passed) and it shows it. We saw 18 bucks in the field the other evening aroudn dinner time, out of those 18 bucks 12 easily met the QDM minimums we are using (16" and 3 per side or 18") out of those 12 bucks 5 were easy P&Y and otu of those 5 bucks 3 were freak nasty huge, espically for around here. They were between 21" and 26" inside spreads on them with one of them being super tall (probably 20" to the top of the rack) and all of them with massive thickness throughout. If someone is not a believer in QDM this should do it for them. 5 years to grow has done wonders for these deer. So with that being said I am moving some stands to hunt this area and hopfeully come Oct/Nov will be adding some bone to our score! If you couldnt tell these deer have me stoked now, honestly it was like something on TV not a normal scene around here (although it proves with proper managment it could be a regular sight).
Old 08-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Thats awesome man. Have fun moving stands. Im still trying to find more tracts to hunt closer to home but have found one really small one around 5 acres, but the deer still pass through it. Does anyone have any prospects lined up for the season already or is any seeing any good deer?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an awesome situation wth land like that hasn't been touched in so long. Good luck out there! Tuesday morning i'll be on my back in a hay field as it is the goose opener here, which should be awesome, then its time to focus again on the deer. Did a bunch of shooting today at various distances out the treestand I have up in the backyard, everything feels great. I've been battling a good amount of pain in my left shoulder for a couple years, but it has really felt pretty good the last couple months, which is a nice relief. It only has to hold out for one shot though! Beautiful weekend weather, cool mornings sure have my mind wandering to the woods.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

There happens to be a 180 or better hanging out across the road from my house. I saw him twice last weekend and then twice during the week. If I could edit the video I could youtube it. 11pt with 22 - 23 inside spread and a gigantic body to boot. HuntingBoy could tell you all I tell no lies. I need to arrow this guy opening night.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I will definitetly attest to what mercs has to say. I would never second guess him.He has no reason to lie and does not lie. He definitely puts in his time and has harvested some big deer. Sounds like a great buck and best of luck to you in your quest to harvest. Good luck yooper in the early goose opener. wish i could be out there. my mind is stuck on hunting all together. I cant wait for any season to open
Old 08-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Spike

Default Logo

Ok here is the logo that I threw together today. Any feedback on what I could change or do better are welcome. Let me know and I can see what I can do.

Last edited by sdprice1; 08-30-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big fan of the logo, nice job! thanks a ton for putting it together.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Spike

No problem. Glad you like it. I can change anything about it so nobody be shy if you think something needs to be changed.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Derek here from KS checking in. Been really busy and just remembered I had to check in. I was the only one on the team last year to down a buck (120") and looking forward to putting up another score for the team along with the rest of you. Last year I had 3 140" deer running the area and a family member that rifle hunts there didn't get any of them or the neibor so hoping they are still around. Good Luck.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey KS, glad to have you. I attempted a PM, but there are 4 variations of your username, and I didn't know which was the right one. Good luck this season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.