Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Going out for my second sit of the season tomorrow. First time was 2 weeks ago and I seen 4 bucks at a distance just through a clearing in the timber. Couldn't see well enough to tell how big. Starting tomorrow I'll get serious about my time in the woods. I don't know about the temps in your areas but I should wake up to some frost, fog and 28° temps. I would have given about anything to have been in a stand today, 47° and as still as could be. Good luck to anyone else that will be out this weekend.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

been absolutely crazy busy here in central Il... work and just bought a house that I'm renovating.. been out once for myself and been out as a cameraman twice and got my budd shooting a 135" 10 on film second day of season.. won't be able to head out this weekend as bad as I want to.. Have to head to Western Ilinois University to visit my friends for the night.. will probably hunt sunday night here in menard county.. will be hitting it hard next weekend in the Pike County deer woods though! i'll keep you updated!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Didnt get out his weekend, hoping to make it out this weekend for at least 20 hours in the stand. Temps here seem to be really dropping. Up at my cabin last weekend and temps were into the 20s and had a couple inches of snow.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a real nice weekend back home. Shot a few grouse, got a lot of work done at the camp too. Was colder than we expected, and it snowed every day we were there. Now, back to the IL deer woods this weekend, and I can't wait!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Passed through a doe tonight at 15 yards. Gotta love the Grim Reapers. Deer moving from 1700 on. First doe without fawns and fresh jerky for my ladies.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go mercs! I'm hoping to do the same tomorrow. Weather looks pretty good, little breezy, but nothing horrible. Congrats on the doe!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, Mike. 102lbs cleaned probably 35lbs meat, mmmm.

I might actually hunt my own property this year. I went for a walk on the other side of the place and there was downed corn on every edge of the 9 acres. I saw one minor rub and two starter scrapes. The corn is the closest to a big tract of woods (500+ acres) so they are coming to the food. Two weeks and the kids can do their own homework.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on the doe mercs! I planned on going out this weekend but it looks like I picked up a horrible cold from someone. That wrecked my deer hunting plans.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks man. Remember when I almost got my truck stuck? I put a stand down that treeline and its hot as heck. Good from any wind but an evening Northern. Other than that its golden.

Sniffle in the tree stand. It will be noisy enough to cover that up. G-luck
Old 10-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hittin' the outdoors after lunch today. North wind, so we'll see what happens. The stand I'm hunting should work well for this wind, only thing that will smell me are the neighbors cows. Going to be a little misty, put my shiny new raingear to the test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.