Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

In for some lunch and back out til dark. Moving good at dark though, I hope.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Getting lots of action but just haven't had the ONE walk by yet. I've seen 11 bucks (6 different ones for sure) 4 does and a coyote in 6 sits. Drew back on the coyote at 15 yds before going out of sight but he watched me pull back and took off. I could have shot 3 of these bucks but nothing bigger than a small 8. Sat morning I ran off 3 deer while walking in and then after the coyote came by I got out of my stand and jumped to a stand my brother inlaw put up last year (he hardly hunts and won't be going this year). I wanted a stand in that area but closer to the creek and figured I'd take a bit just see if anything comes by maybe even in the distance. I climbed up and seen a huge rub and not there 15 min and a buck walked right along the creek about 50 yds from his stand. I moved a stand with in 15 yds of the creek. I think this will be the spot.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whacked two does yesterday. Shot the first one at 12 yards, she made it about 30 more and piled up, then her fawn wouldn't leave and actually came through the exact same spot and I whacked her too. Again, 30 yards later she was piled up. Grim Reapers were bad medicine for those two. Then, the work started, ugh, not a good choice to shoot 2 by myself, but I finished up at about 7 last night with the boning and stuff, today i'll grind what I want ground and get the steaks squared away. Only buck I've seen in the last 4 sits is a dorky forky that's just everywhere I am it seems.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

been weird year so far.. corn is coming out this weekend.. It should be rockin! I'll be hunting fri,sat,sun..
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sat all day today, didn't see jack. Slowest day yet. Saw a freak daddy pig mongo giant in the headlights. Points all over the place, 300 pounder. An absolute giant. He was only about 1/2 mile from where I hunt, so perhaps he'll wander my way.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

with the rut coming, im going out this weekend, hopefully.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sat this morning, got in an hour before any kind of light, minus that damn moon. From 6:45 until 9:30 I had deer around. Saw 2 shooters, one is an 8 I have seen once before, and the other was a real nice 9, 145" ish, HUGE body on him. I had a doe and two fawns bed down around 50 yards away, and he came up on them grunting like crazy. The doe jumped up and came my way a bit, but the buck did not follow. He freshened a scrape, did some more grunting, then went off on his way. I had a small 8 come right under me, but he got the pass. Overall, good morning, most action I've seen this, and hopefully its picking up.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back at work after a week off. Yippee.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

went out all weekend and had an awesome morning sunday.. let a nice 120 inch walk and had a 150-160 at 60 yds... I've been after this buck this year and he is definately winning.. very wide 10 pt. big and old.. he's one of my top prospects.. I have this weekend and ALL of next week off to get the job done.. corn is still in but I will do all I can to get a good buck down this next week... I'll be updating with lots of pictures and stories next week as well.. gettin close boys!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you are getting close! I'm going to hunt tomorrow morning, then Fr, Sat,Sun. Hopefully things pick up with rut movement. Tomorrow morning with the E wind, I can hunt my favorite spot, so we'll see if it pays off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.