Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25) >

Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)

Old 11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

well i got out to my new hunting spot and it has been really good so far. i saw an 8 point in the corn about 20 yards behind me and a 4 or six in front of me. i will be going out tomorrow and hopefully they do the same thing because if they do i will be putting one on the ground for us tomorrow. the 8 was a solid 100-110" buck. not to bad for the first sit when i put up a treestand also.

good hunting all
Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't even see a deer today except crossing in front of my truck on the way home. I just don't understand whats going on around here??????
Old 11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i went out with my dad tonight i climbed a tree 10 yards from him so i could do some calling for him. this is the first time we ever hunted side by side and i called in a monster and he toasted it! its way bigger than my buck and his biggest to date that made a memory for both of us that will stand out forever. ill try and post some pics tomm. its an 11 about 145 to 150
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your dad tedrow!

This weekend kicks off our rifle season here in MO, so I get to go back out with another buck tag.

Once that season ends on the 24th, I've got another Bow tag for a buck! Going to try and make this my first 3-Buck year.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I had an interesting weekend, and sunday night I hit a real good eight pointer. We looked for him later that night and found little blood. I had to go back up to school real early this morning so I did not have a chance to look for him. My cousin is going to go out there today and see what he can find. I think I hit him right under the heart. If you go to the recovery of your deer thread, in the first picture of the buck facing left there is a bone right under the heart that I think i hit because i heard a thwack. What do you guys think????
Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any word from your cousin?? Did you find the arrow?? Seems there would be decent blood with a low shot if there was a pass-thru.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope your cousin found your buck!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

It was a pass through. We found the arrow right away with very little blood on it. We did not find much blood trailing him either. I talked to him a little bit ago and he said he looked and did not find him. I am almost tempted to go back home tomorrow and look for him, but I would have to call in sick and miss the whole day. Man I hope I can figure something out. If anything I hope I just grazed him and that he will be ok.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Spike

i feel your pain sport4, i had one duck my arrow on sat too, just keep looking, you never no.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

sport i do feel what you are going through it can be agonizing.

i went out again on sunday and i saw 5 deer i again was simply not able to connect. on the way out to the stand the land owners dog followed me out to the stand and laid down underneath of me. then she got up and ran around the woods and was sure that her scent would be everywhere. needless to say the deer came in and stopped at where the dog last walked and stomped and blew and busted on out of there. i know there was at least one buck that i saw and one other deer that i did not see. so friday will be my last ditch effort before the smoke poles come out here in Indiana.. until late season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.