Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25) >

Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)

Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

this is the 3rd year for our food plots and they come up great every year. this yearwe tried something new i planted soybeans and brassicas(turnips and rape) and my buddie planted soybeans,clover and oats. the funny thing is there are brassicas in the plot all over they reseeded them selves from last year just thought you guys would like to know that lil info. have any of you guys seen if the acorns are going to be plentiful this year?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't seen much for acorns so far, what I have seen have been pretty small. Of course it could be that the army of squirrels gets them as soon as they hit the ground!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tedrow
this is the 3rd year for our food plots and they come up great every year. this yearwe tried something new i planted soybeans and brassicas(turnips and rape) and my buddie planted soybeans,clover and oats. the funny thing is there are brassicas in the plot all over they reseeded them selves from last year just thought you guys would like to know that lil info. have any of you guys seen if the acorns are going to be plentiful this year?

Saw a bunch on the ground in WI already on the edge of a field last weekend.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

i found a spot 4 years ago on 300 acres there are 5 white oaks and when we have a good crop i can smash my does in there and maybe a good buck. for now im betting on soybeans and my food plot
Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wallhangr
I'll be passing thru Springfield on my way home friday, heading up for an ATV Rally this weekend along the Spoon River.

What County are you going to be hunting in?
I hunt in a lot of counties, but nowhere around Springfield. You are talking about Illinois aren't you?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I'll be in Knox County, IL tonight. Probably a pretty good chance I'll see the biggest buck I'll see all year while I'm riding trails this weekend.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Other than cutting paths, we leave the land as-is because there are farms surrounding the property I hunt on. The deer travel and bed on our property and eat the food on surrounding land. There are a few apple, pear trees and lots of pine trees. Very few nut trees on the land.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

i checked my cam sunday and only had a 2.5 year old with great potential. tons of does to fill my freezer with!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)-mineral-lick-364.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's going to be one heck of a deer if he's 2 1/2 now.

We're down to a week away from the opener here in MO, can't wait to get out ofter work next Tues!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

4 more days till I am out in the woods....can't wait!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.