Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out all weekend and passed up on 9pt and a 10pt that wouldn't score much more than 130" Will be out this weekend and next weekend I start my 10day hunting vacation!!!! All the bucks that I had seen this past weekend were making scrapes and rubbing trees. It's heatin up!!!! Goodluck and congrats to all that have scored.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

got mine scored today......to my amazement, i came up with 87" and change....mass and beam length were better than i thought...i knew the spread and tine length...im happy as can be!

not a monster or real high scoring buck...but hes a good lookin buck...especially where i was hunting...the guys from that camp has taken a few good bucks over the past 15 years...but most are tiny little things...the no brow tine thing is pretty genetic up there...seems to be 3 blood lines...no brows, 1 brow, or VERY rare..but some have both..last year both bucks killed had both brows...but most typically have 1...just real odd..

either way im happy and he had about 10-15" more bone on his head than i thought...so thats great..not that i care much about numbers...i care about the hunt more than anything...that was an exciting hunt and my first completely SOLO deal from the scouting to the dragging....believe thats my 16th deer..2nd bowkill...might not be much to some guys...but im proud and happy as could be...

time to get fire up the coon hounds....now that im not deer hunting i dont know what im gunna do with my days...

tomorrow i'll be boiling the skull...cant wait its going to look great on the wall
Old 10-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

hey nice job man. buckey i know what your talkign about things are definatly starting to heat up here to!!!!!!!! i sall a good 8 tongiht at about 45 yards but i couldnt get him to come closer or stop he was on a dead mision after something!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning trying to get my son on a nice buck. We had a shooter close enough just didn't have a shot. He was making scrapes and tearing up branches. He responded to the grunt call just wouldn't give us a shot. Then a little later on a 2 year old came in but stayed out of range. He didn't want to shoot him anyways though. We also saw a couple fawns and a bunch of turkeys. I think we'll be going back out this evening.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Great buck! Now lets see if this Wisconsin boy can put one down soon...this is getting really old. I have a feeling I may be eating my tag this year. I have 4 weeks till gun season opens
i know the only bucks i have been seeing are all really small bucks, small 4's and 6's nothing big enough i want to shoot. and no doe's have really come into range for me to shoot. It dosen't help it has been raining everyday in October though...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sat out lastnight, a great night to sit, so I thought. The wind picked up and one of our neighbors decided ohh this would be a great time to plink around with rifles. So for the first hour I hear maybe 300 shots of 17s then 10 minutes after hes doe with that, I hear the big guns come out about 30 shots of one and 20 of another....grr talk about pissin a guy off. Im thinking theres no way the deer are coming towards me now with him shooting only about 400 yards away...well to my suprise about 5:14 I spot movement coming from the east. Its a nice doe. Im thinking alright its early and the shooting must have pushed her towards me. Well she munches on acorns for a bit and then turns and starts walking north, I lost sight of her..im like what the heck is she going north for. Im looking for her and looking for her. Well I figured she kept going north and I couldnt see her walking because she was directly inline with a line of trees in front of me. About 5 minutes later I see movement again. Shes coming back and she brought a friend with her, another nice doe. Im thinking ok this is my chance. They are coming in and going to come out of the woods and head into the corn....so I grab my bow off the hanger and wait. They close the gap pretty quick. They reach the logging road we have in the woods and I figured they woudl come right up it like they always do...I was wrong again...they cut the corner and come in around behind me downwind of me....CRAP!!! The wind was already blowing so I knew I was done for. Sure as hell, the one lifted her head straight up and wewnt into full alert....She didnt blow and she didnt stomp but the other one went on alert as well. I knew they couldnt see me, but was sure they caught wind of something they didnt like and decided to head west on a slow trot. Here I was thinking I was going to at least fill a doe tag....grrr. I think I may be eating tag soup this year....wich will be the first year in several years.....Im getting depressed. The deer arent moving like they should be during shooting hours and I have yet to fill one of 3 of my tags and with only 3 1/2 weeks left till gun season....
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out yesterday evening with my son in the military and we only seen one doe. We will be hitting it again Thursday morning. My other son on team 14 starts his vacation on Friday and will be off for 2 weeks. I am off until the 20th so we will be putting alot of time in the stands these next few weeks. Keep after them guys, your time is coming.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ssat out lastnight didnt see anything till just about dark. A nice buck came hauling @55 across the top of the hill past the windmill and was on a dead run in my direction. I grunted and he stopped. I figured hed come in to the grunt, nope, he hauled but right into the woods. I grunted again incase he cut in and came towards me at that time a huge doe came flying out of the corn field....I never knew she was in there and was only 30 yards from me....grrrrrrrr....something has to give pretty damned soon...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

This morning I saw one buck we call gimpy. He has a very thick rack and on his right side is really deformed. His left back leg is severly injured and his back is like hunched up. He is a very large deer that is probably close to 300 pounds. He has alot of mass but probably goes between 100"-110". We will be back at it in the morning again.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I attempted to sit out lastnight. Got into my stand and no more than 5 mintes after I sat down it started pouring...ive spent more time sitting in the damned house this year than I have sitting in the stand....grrrr. finally looks like decent weather next week. Not a minute too soon either...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.