Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

well, just got done shooting the bow for a little while...

if i woulda known it "Was like riding a bike" i would been in the stand yesterday!!

20yds, first shot shattered my golf tee i stuck into my foam target as an aiming point...

shot the new grizz tricks i'll be hunting with this season and the good ole muzzy 3 blade heads...

broadheads both shot a smidge low so i'll try to tune that out...flight looks like its there...im betting a tinnnnny adjustment will tune it right out...its only about 2" low at 20yds compared to aiming point/field point impact...

shot pretty well and consistant...i know 30+yds id suffer...but i dont shoot over 25 in the woods anyways since i dont hunt with a range finder so im not real concerned beyond what i can do with my 20 and 30yd pins...

going to start monitoring weather and seeing when i need to hit "the honey hole" and see how much honey is in it this season...full moon right now so im not rushing to burn out my spots...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got out yesterday morning didnt see anything at all. Sat out lastnight had a nice 9 pointer come in, about 120 class. I was looking the opposite way and then turned around and there he was staring at me. I had just looked that way no more than 20 seconds before, he had me pinned as soon as I turned. He scared the living S^%# out of me, as I couldnt hear him come in. Well he got behind a tree and grabbed my bow. He came out from behind the tree and looked right up at me. Im like theres no way hes gonna let me draw on him. Well time went by and he got to the small corn pile that was there and put his head down, quartering towards me the entire time. 10 Minutes went by and something on the otherside of the road in the woods startled him and he brough his head up, looked west. He was now broadside at 15 yards...I drew back. Settled my pin and squeezed my release trigger. At the same time he dropped to his knees and got the hell out of there My arrow just shaved some hair off his back What would have been an excellent double lung shot, turned into a shave and a haircut... I should have known better than to even think about drawing on a deer that was already on high alert..I should have held out. Well tonight im going to sit in stand that I havent sat in yet this year and see what transpires. I baited it yesterday so they should have found it by now. I dont normally bait but this year theres been very few sightings on our property and they dont really seem to be moving real good. Right now its not looking too good at all for anything over 120. But only time will tell.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going out tonight. I'm hoping to at least take out a doe, but you never know what might come along.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nailed my first doe tis evening. I will give you guys the story later. I have a pic of her in the regular bowhunting thread under 1st deer of season down.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

thats ok man i just had the same thign happen to mefriday night. i feel your pain..u will see him again
Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
I got out yesterday morning didnt see anything at all. Sat out lastnight had a nice 9 pointer come in, about 120 class. I was looking the opposite way and then turned around and there he was staring at me. I had just looked that way no more than 20 seconds before, he had me pinned as soon as I turned. He scared the living S^%# out of me, as I couldnt hear him come in. Well he got behind a tree and grabbed my bow. He came out from behind the tree and looked right up at me. Im like theres no way hes gonna let me draw on him. Well time went by and he got to the small corn pile that was there and put his head down, quartering towards me the entire time. 10 Minutes went by and something on the otherside of the road in the woods startled him and he brough his head up, looked west. He was now broadside at 15 yards...I drew back. Settled my pin and squeezed my release trigger. At the same time he dropped to his knees and got the hell out of there My arrow just shaved some hair off his back What would have been an excellent double lung shot, turned into a shave and a haircut... I should have known better than to even think about drawing on a deer that was already on high alert..I should have held out. Well tonight im going to sit in stand that I havent sat in yet this year and see what transpires. I baited it yesterday so they should have found it by now. I dont normally bait but this year theres been very few sightings on our property and they dont really seem to be moving real good. Right now its not looking too good at all for anything over 120. But only time will tell.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, here is the story. I got into the stand a little after 4. I saw my first deer around 5:15. It was a spike with only the left side which was about 9 inches long. He laid down 22 yds from the stand for about 10 minutes. He then got up and milled around for another 15 minutes. Then, a little before 6, I seen like 10 does enter out into the field from the woods. But, this was over by my other stand. Next, a few minutes after 6, a couple nice 2 1/2 yr old 8 points came up on my right side just out of range. I wouldn't have shot them anyways. But, they both scored arpund 110" and it was nice seeing them. Finally, at 6:30, out of the corner of my left eye I seen something move. I looked over and here comes walking a nice doe. She stopped at about 8 yds and I let the arrow fly. I was upset with my shot because I spined shot her. I think due to the closeness of the shot and the excitement of it being the first deer of the season I just made a bad shot. But she is down and out and in the garage and I will be taking her to the processors in the morning. I guess that is all that really matters
Old 10-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great job! We got one on the board but im assuming this one doesnt count for anything right? Or are we going by weight I cant remember. Ill have to look...lol.. Good job. Now get that buck!
I sat in my new stand lastnight didnt see a damned thing other than a couple red squirrels that ticked me off to no end.

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Well, here is the story. I got into the stand a little after 4. I saw my first deer around 5:15. It was a spike with only the left side which was about 9 inches long. He laid down 22 yds from the stand for about 10 minutes. He then got up and milled around for another 15 minutes. Then, a little before 6, I seen like 10 does enter out into the field from the woods. But, this was over by my other stand. Next, a few minutes after 6, a couple nice 2 1/2 yr old 8 points came up on my right side just out of range. I wouldn't have shot them anyways. But, they both scored arpund 110" and it was nice seeing them. Finally, at 6:30, out of the corner of my left eye I seen something move. I looked over and here comes walking a nice doe. She stopped at about 8 yds and I let the arrow fly. I was upset with my shot because I spined shot her. I think due to the closeness of the shot and the excitement of it being the first deer of the season I just made a bad shot. But she is down and out and in the garage and I will be taking her to the processors in the morning. I guess that is all that really matters
Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sat. morning was the most productive sit for me. Saw 1 button, 1 doe fawn, two 6 pts, and a 120 - 125 class 8pt. Looked to be only 2 1/2 yrs old. He'll be a stud in a couple years. They all passed my stand within 25 yds. Last night had a doe and fawn come in at last light. No shot. I'm going to try to get out this evening also.

MoTF, Congrats on the doe!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats MOTF!!

got the bow tuned in and im shooting well...full moon is starting to fade...i'll be getting out sometime soon for the first sit! next few days look like bad weather...after that looks nice n cool..

keep at it guys! good luck!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe man, great job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.