Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out all weekend. Seen a couple small bucks and a few does. Weather really sucked!!!! but it was nice sitting in a tree stand. Coyotes moved in on me yesterday evening, so deer movement was pretty slow.

MNbowstalker, you'll have to pm Rob. He already gave us a replacement.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

sat last night and didnt c a thing, i could definatly hear animals walking threw the woods though. just not by me.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was able to sneak a hunt in Monday evening. I saw 5 deer. One was a 1 1/2 yr old buck that hung around my stand for a while. Of course I passed on him. Then I seen 2 fawns. I passed on both of those. I seen 2 other does but they just didn't come into range. So, for nearly getting blown out of the tree with 60mph gusts, I guess it wasn't too bad of an evening. I will be trying to get off work early tonight so I can go out in the morning. I'm hoping it will be a good one.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im hoping to get out tonight if at all possible. Last night I wasnt able to due to the rain and 60mph gusts of wind...go figure...The winds are supposed to die down sometime today and its supposed to clear out, wich means, its going to get cold. They are still calling for 29 for a low tonight/tomorrow morning. This should get the deer moving now. Looks like the weekend is going to be crap once again. Talking rain...I still have hope that things will start to turn around. The buck that came in the other nite was making some rubs, so it shouldnt be long we should start finding some scrapes. usually the second - third week in October we start seeing some scrapes around. Im still holding out for my river stand. I dont want to hunt that until the 2 or 3 big guys start scraping that area up real good.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just got back from hunting the weekend I was holding our for a nice ten pint I have been seeing lately but yesterday moring I decided I wanted a little more meet in the freezer so a nice young doe came by the good eating kind and I let the arrow fly I have pics i took of her before I shot and after pics I will try to post soon I am not good with the pics thing I can never resize them if someone could help that would be great.
Good luck to all the weather round here is just starting to get good.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out this morning and seen 2. I couldn't stay out long cause I had some errands to run. I will definitely be going out Wednesday morning and probably Wednesday evening also.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

nice shootin man im glad someone was able to but and arrow threw an old nanny!...im still waitin for mine, and good luck to all!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I sat out lastnight and let me tell ya, what a long sit. Even though I got out a little before 5 Im glad i didnt go out any earlier lol. I did see 3 deer however. The first one was on my way to my favorite stand overlooking one of our cornfields, Im just about half way along the end of the field and looking down the rows and here stands a HUGE doe, she comes bareling out and cuts across the corner of the cornfield behind and stops dead in her tracks. I have no release on and no arrow nocked...DOH! We had a 1 minute stare down before she bolted into the woods. I should have known better as I have had deer come walking out of the cornfield on my way to this stand before. Well i climb into my stand and sat, and like clock work 5:45 here comes one deer out of the woods about 80 yards out..i couldnt tell if it was a buck or doe at that point. It came out and grazed for about 2 minutes and nervously walked back into the woods. At about 610 or so here comes another deer out of the same spot, this one is a buck. I couldnt tell how many points but you could see his antlers. He came out calm as could be and kept looking behind him, about 10 minutes later here comes another deer, thought it was a doe but it turned out to be a spike. They made their way to the cornfield and came right to me. The first buck was a 7 pointer, not the one I have been seeing though. Other than that, thats how my nite was lastnight. Wont be hunting tonight, have to go put a new deck on the cabin tonight. Hoping to hunt the rest of the week if the weather stays decent...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last evening after work. Rained the whole time and some dipchit was shooting his pistol on the neighboring property, probably 50 rounds!. Didn't see a deer. Will not be back out until Friday, I have end of the month inventory tonight and going shopping with the wife Thursday. Good luck fellas!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

The Illinois season opens tomorrow but it will be a few days before I can get out. Picked up some Bronchitis last week and can't seem to get rid of the coughs.
I'll be out often throughout the fall.

Sounds like many of you have had some opportunities. Good luck in closing the distance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.