Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait to lay the smack down on a big nanny!!!! ummm tender loins (slobbers on himself)

Checked out the new property the other day. We put the cameras spaced out about two hundred yards on this one field. The field itself is probably 20 acres. It's a high point that drops down on both sides. One side is a thick pine thicket and the other is a thick swamp bottom. I counted at least 15 - 20 rubs and two scrapes along the edges. Trails everywhere coming from he bottoms! I'm really stoked about this place.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

now all us ohio boys have to do is live threw friday, and then wait for saterday mourning! i can not wait!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I am going crazy waiting. I will be out there unless there are torrential rains. Then, if I know there will be a break I will be out there then.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Ohio boys, it's our turn now. Will you be going out in the rain? If it's not pouring, I'm going out. Good luck to the Ohio boys and also to the rest of the team that has already started. For those who are still waiting, just remember, "good things come to those who wait".
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I'm back in. I seen 6 deer and about 25 turkeys. I'm definitely buying a fall turkey tag. I could have taken out a gobbler with a 6-8 inch beard with ease. Could have shot a doe around 7 but I let her go because it was pretty early yet. About 6:35 a large bodied deer came in but I couldn't make him out. I had to let him walk. Around 7:05 I had a nice surprise. A piebald 6 point, 1 1/2 yr old gave me a shot opportunity but I passed him up as well. That was the first I've seen him. I seen 3 other does around 7:30. I picked out the biggest one ad she was coming in from my left. Just as she got to the shooting lane the other 2 started walking the other way and she stopped and followed suit and that was it for the morning hunt. My son seen a couple as well. A small buck and a doe. Nothing he wante to shoot though. Hopefully we will be able to get out this evening. Let's hear about your hunts.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

wow sounds great man. unfortunetly i couldnt get out this mourning becasue of a cross country meet but i hope to b out hunitng hard this evening! GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck!!!!! Hopefully you can get out between the rain drops and the thunder and lightning.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd definitely like to get back out but it depends on the weather.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

unfortunetly i couldnt get out today, i hope you guys had some luck but if not. just to cheer things up my friend nailed a big yote. So that helps...
Old 09-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i still have no luck, just got a new place to hunt though, kinda sucks its this far into the season but got it all scouted and hung a couple stands, will be out there next weekend see what it produces for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.