Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 08-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'll tell ya ... it really doesn't matter what name we choose.
I was on Mega Bucks back in 06 - 07 then on Whitetail Warriors in 07 - 08 and Broadhead Bandits last season.
What ever the rest of you guys agree on we'll be fine with me.
I served as captian on all three teams however I would like to see someone else take on that duty this year.
So let's all try to agree on a name and a captain soon so we can get somebody to create a avatar.
By the way ... I got a question for all of you.
Just how old is everyone , how many years have you been hunting and how many deer ( bucks or does ) you've taken.
As for me ... I'm 53 years old , been hunting 20 years and harvested only three bucks and about 27 does.
Yea ... I'm a nanny wacker but you know what they say .... ( you cant eat the antlers ) and ya gotta have some meat in the freezer.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am 42 years old, soon to be 43. I have shot 17 bucks with my bow and 1 with my shotgun. I haven't gun hunted since 2003. Haven't had to and I like it that way. I have shot anywhere between 50-70 does and 90% of those have been with my bow. I don't remember the last time I bought beef from a store. Death From Above or Pope and Young Posse have my vote. What are the duties of the team captain?
Old 08-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

I am 23 years old, i have been hunting 12 years, this year will be 13. I have shot 24 deer
11 have been bucks and 13 does
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am 18 years old, I have shot 10 deer all together in the 6 years I have been hunting.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

And whatever name you guys choose is fine with me.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

im 15 i have been hunting for 3 years, but dont make an understate ment because of my age. I put alot of time into hunting and scouting and everythign to try and be succesful. Ive only shot one deer, a doe. I have had many chances to kill other deer but ive held out and i have been waiting for a buck. I reall dont care what the team name is any thing works. But im not really in to being the team caption, not for me.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well ... I guess I'm the oldest one on the team, as for the duty's of the captain.
The captian checks the thread and keeps all members informed of the teams standings of the contest scorecard.
The captain also represents the team and makes sure that the team mates score is being enterd correctly.
In case there is a discrepancy of an entery of any team member of any team, all captains have to vote on weather it to be approved or rejected.
The captain also keeps in touch with Rob the moderater.
If the team needs an alternate, the captian is the one to make that request.
As for the name we need an majority of votes ( like seven out of ten ) this is a team and we all gotta take part, this goes for the teams avatar as well.
Has anyone tried to PM or E-Mail the one's who have not checked in, we have eight of us now only two more to make this team complette.
If you guys can come up with a diffrent name than whats been posted, lets see them.

Last edited by RDHunter; 08-22-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

team name ideas...
Bone Collectors
P & Y Stalkers
Lung Assasins
Antler/Horn Theives (which ever you guys prefur...antler or horn)

just some ideas
Old 08-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gotta keep this thread on the front page so that the two who haven't checked in can find it.
Heres antoher name to think over ( Treetop Troopers ) which brings another question up.
How do you guys hunt .... treestand , ground blind or stalking.
I like sitting up in a tree but when the weather is somewhat unfavorable I'll use my Double Bull.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

what ever name you guys pick is fine by me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.