Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got some bad news. My wife fell and broke her arm so i may not be able to get out quite as much. I will probably have to help her out around the house a little more.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aww man, that sucks, but atleast shes ok. Just make sure you do everything you can for her. It may help you get your time out there....glad shes ok though...
Old 10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys sorry i havent been on latly. ive been really bussy with school and sports so i also havent been in the stand for a week. im gong out tomarrow mournign though...hopefully ill get to c something. but it sounds like u guys are seeing some deer lets put an arrow through one of um.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got ou this morning (Friday) and seen only two. They were way out of range though. I also went out this evening (Friday) and here is what happened.
I was out this evening hoping to take out my 2nd doe. I will be going out of town on Wednesday and won't be back until Saturday. I wanted to have 2 doe down by then and I have accomplished just that. Now, my son has 1 down and he still needs 1 more before Wednesday. That way when we get back it's time to concentrate on the big boys. In the late season I may take out a couple more doe as well. Anyways the story goes I was in the stand and had seen 5 smaller ones and then right around 5:50 I see this nice 8 point 100"-110" 2 1/2 yr old coming in. I wasn't about to shoot him so I was just watching him. Then out of nowhere I see this pretty nice doe and a couple of fawns come in. The buck started getting antsy which made the doe stomp a few times so I thought it's now or never. I let it fly and double lunged her at about 15-18 yards. The 2" rage did it's job and she dropped at about 60 yards. I will post pics in the morning.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is an update on my wife. She will have to have surgery. She sees the doc on Monday and we are leaving out of town on Wednesday morning to see my son graduate from boot camp. So, if she doesn't have the surgery before we leave she will have to wait until we get back. I know the doctor won't be happy about that but I know there is no way in h*** that she will miss our son's graduation. Also my son really want's to get a deer. This is my oldest son and he has never gotten one. I told him when he comes home I will have him up in the stand and he can shoot whatever he wants. He will be going to Afghanistan soon and I will just be happy for whatever he gets. Going out to that stand I moved tomorrow evening. Let's see if it pays off the first time I sit in it.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the pics of doe#2
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-deer-2-oct-16-001.jpg   Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-deer-2-oct-16-002.jpg  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getting reay to sit in the new location. I'll let you all know how it went. Hopefully I will be showing you a nice set of horns!!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen 1 buck and several does. The buck was that 110"-120" class 8 again. This is the third time I have seen him while in stand. I'll probably be going out in the morning.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning to my other spot and seen 3 does. I could have shot 1 of them but for now I am done with my doe tags. I will be concentrating on a buck. My son still needs 1 more doe then he can worry about his buck. I plan on going back out Monday and Tuesday morning and evening. Then Wednesday morning I will be leaving for Georgia for my son's graduation from boot camp. I will be back in town on Saturday and I can start hunting again. When I get back I only have to work Sunday and Monday nights then I will be off until November 20th
Old 10-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

sorry to hear about your wife MOTF...hope all goes well!

congrats on the doe!! good shootin!!

i havent been out since...the rain kept me in..im not risking getting sick this early in the season...and hunted coon hunting competitions fri and sat nite...the hound took 1st both nites...im pretty pumped...friday nite was the first time i took first...my buddy ran her last nite and took 1st again and i would had a higher score if i ran her...so were pretty pumped about how well shes been doing for us...

im heading to my buddies camp tues or wed or so and hunting through saturday...i killed my only bow buck up there...and last year during the rifle opener i seen 30-40 deer the first day! deer really respond well to calls and scents up there so im hoping they do again...

and to top it off, i got a couple buddies that live 20 or so mins from camp...2 are tagged out and they are big into filming...they got a pile of bucks running around(seen atleast a few legal ones in a short video they had online of one of their kills this season...i talked to one and he says we should be able to hook up...they are into deer hard...so im pretty pumped...and it will be the first time im on film if it happens!! i went to college with them guys and havent seen them since may so it will be nice to hook up with them...never got the chance to hunt with them...but hopefully we can make it happen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.