Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team D8te With Destiny Thread (8) >

Official Team D8te With Destiny Thread (8)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team D8te With Destiny Thread (8)

Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Team names..... Bone Seekers, Blood brothers, Team tail hunters, just thought of these!!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

I wonder if we could think of anything with the number 8 like Str8 Shooters, or Buck Annihil8ers.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the offer Joey, I plan on buying one soon though. I'm having a hard time deciding on which cam I want. I like the idea of infared, any suggestions?

I like the idea of using '8' somehow in the name too.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I use moultrie cams, and i've got 7 of them now. Never had any issues. I still use the flash and haven't tried infared yet. My next cam is gonna be and i60. I've heard great things about them.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

cwillard checking in. Will be hunting mississippi and missouri!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

I like 8 in the name as well. Also, i just went to the ol'store and stocked up one my archery supplies for the year. Bought a new sight for my bow and will be dialing it in during the next couple weeks. Also, i have decided to use the slick trick 100 gr broad heads this year. I have heard alot about them. I am excited to say the least. I am heading back out to the eastern shore this weekend to put up two more stands then i am staying clear until opening day.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys i sent a pm to early in to see if he is anywhere around. He might be Elk hunting and not had access to a computer yet.

We need to come up with a team capt and name so the creative ones can come up with a cool aviator.

also welcome cwillard
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. I'm also gonna be hanging stands this week. For some reason the deer activity on my trail cameras dropped big time last week. I've been getting pics of bachelor groups daily, and now nothing for the whole week. Some farmers are cutting thier corn already, so it's possible they found a new food source or something. The piece I'm hunting is surrounded by bean fields and a large cow pasture. I've got a good oak population, so thats gonna help me later in the season. I'm hoping I was just unlucky, and this week will be different. I did get one buck, and I have tons of pictures of him. He is usually with a decent 6 pt and a few other little guys, but this time hes all alone.. maybe they are starting to seperate? Kinda early for that I would think. Looks like hes pulling his summer coat out on some of the pictures.
As for team captain I think any of us are qualified. Maybe whoever has been bowhunting the longest, or has been in the contests the longest? I can't remember exactly what the captain did last year. If it needs to be someone active, I can be on the site every morning in the AM. I work night shift, and have nothing better to do this late.
Anyone else have any team "8" name ideas? Str8 Shooters, Buck Extermin8tors, Buck Annihil8ers, D8te with Destiny are the only ones I can really think of right now..
Attached Thumbnails Official Team D8te With Destiny Thread (8)-trail-cam-015.jpg   Official Team D8te With Destiny Thread (8)-trail-cam-016.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

those bucks always disappear when they go slick horn

I do not care to be capt., I dont have time to get on here that often.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Not much to being a captain other then tracking down members that go MIA and reporting to Rob with questions and scores. I did it for two teams I was on in the past and there isnt much too it. I will tell you that I will not be on everyday or every week like I use to be. If there is someone that is on every day and wants to do it then have at her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.