Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23) >

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

First team with 2 bucks down I believe, fantastic guys/gal. Keep them coming. Get them posted and you'll be in the lead! Nice.

Edit: Nope, Team 36 has two down, both entered but not final, one is missing the score breakdown.

Should be close between you two teams for now.

This team has some solid producers. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a small 6 pointer tonight here in IL. A buddy missed a doe and another buddy smoked a doe. It was pretty windy. Will be back after them tomarrow evening.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, used the B&C calculator and some directions I found on line for measuring a fork and the new total is 42 6/8. I'll go post in the scoring thread. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon to a new property I haven't even scouted yet, but it is close to home. Its a small property, so I'll blow out of work early, head into the woods, and throw my climber near any trails I may find. Oh yeah, gotta remember to get tags too...
Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
Ok, used the B&C calculator and some directions I found on line for measuring a fork and the new total is 42 6/8. I'll go post in the scoring thread. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon to a new property I haven't even scouted yet, but it is close to home. Its a small property, so I'll blow out of work early, head into the woods, and throw my climber near any trails I may find. Oh yeah, gotta remember to get tags too...

Nice. Now throw your breakdown in there so we can see if ya did it right and I can get it entered. I'd hate to see you miss any points as I did it by the pic and came up higher.

And congratulations.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Spike

RIStrut,

What kind of quiver on your bow and how much $? Looking for something for fixed blade braodheads that doesn't dull the blades each time I put the arrow in and out of the quiver. Does it have foam or just clips that hold that broadheads? Where to get? Congrats on deer.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Went out yesterday. Woke up at 2:30am and didn't get home until 9pm.

Had a young 7 pointer keep me company in the morning for awhile. Not a shooter for me. I need to kill a doe before I can shoot a buck anyhow and the does stayed out of range.

During the evening hunt I got wet.... really, really wet. I also wondered how smart it was to be in a tree during thunder showers.

Woke up with a killer headache so I stayed home today. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get a doe.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KL WNY
RIStrut,

What kind of quiver on your bow and how much $? Looking for something for fixed blade braodheads that doesn't dull the blades each time I put the arrow in and out of the quiver. Does it have foam or just clips that hold that broadheads? Where to get? Congrats on deer.
KL WNY, its a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver. They probably run about $25 or so. It has 2 sets of grippers to hold the shafts and the hood is hollow. It comes with 2 different sized sets of grippers for different diameter arrows. The inside of the hood is rubberized to keep things quiet. Its great for fixed blades or mechanicals.

Not that it does us any good, but I scored on a doe tonight. Brand new spot, never been before. Drew on a big doe but she didn't take the 2 steps I needed her to so I had to let down. She must have caught movement, took 2 jumps and she was back inside the woods edge. She stayed there for a bit but then walked back the way she came. About an hour later, a lil skipper came out giving me all kinds of opportunities. I saw it had company back in the woods so I let it pass. Out came another skipper, but bigger. I was gonna let it pass, but she came right in and gave me an 8 yard broadside shot and she looked tasty, so Thwack!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

made it out his morning and had 4 does come by, unfortunately i was hunting in an area where i didnt have a permit to shoot a doe. Hopefully going to make it out again Saturday evening. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Tom
Old 10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Spike

My score was 106 3/8. I think i did it right. I will post the final measurements.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal Ty! Spent an uneventful Sunday afternoon in the woods. Perfect day, 3 trails converging right in front of my stand, all I had to do was wait for something to walk down any one of them. Didn't even see a tree rat. Oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.