Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17) >

Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17)

Old 09-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

WTG!! DD. Nothing like breaking the ice. I'm hoping to make it to Ga. in a wk. or so to plant food plots and maybe hunt a few days.

SRH, where do you live in Illinois. I've guided there for the past 6 seasons. 3 for Golden Triangle Whitetails and 3 for Central Illinois Outfitters. I'm taking off this year and going hunting for myself.

Dan
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Irhuntr where you go to school?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I live just outside of Chicago, but have a lease in Clay County and a little 80 acre honey hole way down south in Jackson County that a friend owns.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez DD, way to get the ball rolling. Nice work.

Outdoorsman4life 103, I'm going to a local technical college for an associates degree in criminal justice.

Been goose hunting every morning, killing a few here and there but it's hard when all you have is local geese to hunt. Should get better in the coming weeks.

Not sure when I'm going to start bowhunting. I have a long season here so there's plenty of time.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Hey fellas,

Sorry I haven't been around much. My name is Joe and I hunt in MN. My season opens in 9 days. I'll be looking for a 125+ inch buck this Fall and there are a few around my hunting area so hopefully I can capitalize on one this year and help the team.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Good to see you Joe. Hope you get your shot this season.

We're getting our food plots in the ground (Georgia) and the season actually starts tomorrow morning. I live in Miami, Fl. and I plan to head up sometime around the end of the month to do a little trimming and a good safety check of my stands but won't really get serious until the end of Oct. I plan to be up there from about Oct. 20th until around Thanksgiving and will hunt everyday. It's nice to be an old retired guy. lol

Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

so is that our official name? do we have a captain? I will do it but i need to know exactly what my responsibilities would be and what is expected of me..
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

O4Life, I don't think there's not too many responsibilities for the Capt. Just making sure the entries are logged with the proper pic's attached. It's spelled out in the Rules sticky.

I'm not sure about the name, there's already a Team Bone Mafia so it's gonna look kind of lame us using Mafia again but I'll go with whatever you guys think.

Dan

Last edited by mfd1027; 09-15-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry for the confusion....I was also picked for team 17 in the gun section. I was unaware until tonight that we will be teamates in bowseason as well.

Im stoked, seen a ton of deer feeding in the corn, beans, turnip, and clover. I unfortunately took a nice 8 pointer (until he broke a point off on my tire) with my truck and had to put him out. Not a single scratch on my truck. He hit my wheel straight on and got punted by my bumber as he turned away from the truck. The deer are nice and plump with all the rain weve had. The ag fields are going nuts, all of them are on their second harvest of the year so standing corn wont be a problem where I hunt, next to 600 acres of soybeans.

Bow is tuned and adtually have it tuned to my liking so I can shoot my Rages or my Muzzy's. I have three stands on trails, and a ground blind at an entrance to the field that cuts over to the ag fields. I hope I can slam the 8pt Ive had my eyes and camera on.

Be safe guys, and good luck!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Allright Jeff. Good to see you over here. I hope you get your shot at that 8 pt. too.

What's the odds of getting picked for team #17 in both the gun and bow contest. I think you need to play that number in a lottery somewhere.

Have you gotten clarification on the Old Family Recipe with your bud the gamewarden yet.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.