Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17) >

Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17)

Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

ha. glad you guys like it.. i suppose that's what some spare time between classes will get ya. its hard to see some o the detail like out team name bleeding and everything.. but i guess its still pretty cool. let me know if there is anything else i can do for ya guys. oh, and if you save it to your computer once you open it, and right click, save it to your comp, and then put it as your avatar from there, it shows up bigger under your name... just an idea i suppose.. good luck to whoever will be hunting this coming weekend! My roomate and I will be heading out to my land. hopefully we put a HEART SHOT on some lmao.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job on the Avatar, Captain!

I have to work Saturday, but if I can get Monday off, I'm gonna hit Wisconsin for a couple of days for my first outing.
It may be too hot to expect much, but we'll see what happens.

Good Luck to all!!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Boy did I see a Monster last night.... 160 - 170 class.... Really nice --- I can't wait....

Good Luck to all and lets get on the board.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

PBT- Do you go out and watch most afternoons? Have you seen him before?

I need to load up the new Avatar. It's hell being an old fart and not knowing how to do stuff. lol Just for kicks and comraderie maybe a little introduction would be good.

My name is Dan. I'm 57 yrs. old. I retired as a District Fire Chief from the Miami, Fla. Fire Dept. in 2001. I've been hunting for over 40 yrs. and exclusively bowhunting for the past 20. Since retiring I've gotten into tracking dogs and happen to own one of the top one's in the country and I've worked most falls in Illinois guiding/tracking. Sounds great but it's a grind and I don't get to hunt so this will be the first yr. in a while that I will actually be sitting in a tree during Nov. I'm pumped!!
I spend the off season working on bows, making turkey calls and fishing 2-3 days a wk. Allright, that's me how's about you's guys.

Dan
Old 09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

I try to scout a month before the season comes in. I love to just got out and watch the deer. I also have been seeing a couple buck in the 120 - 130 range. I may take one of those. But I guess only time will tell.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

went out this weekend. only saw a few does. but it was HOTTT high 70's at some points.. took a shot at a turkey and just barely missed.. but it was a great time. found some GIANT sheds. one with 6 points on one side, and a seperate set (two more) that are about 130 ish. roomate got a black squirrrel tho. so i guess we came home with something. hahah.

Last edited by outdoorsman4life_103; 09-20-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

really team? we are the last team on the list because no one has posted nything in 3 days! comeon team. lets hear the talking. when is everyone going hutning nex? anythign on the cams? you have any good bowhunting stories? comeon.. someone has to have something to say.. you taking someone thats never been hunting before this year? i am. im taking my sister gun huting. im so excited. lets hear the talkin team!!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just spent a couple days hunting in Wisconsin.
Very little activity. I had one huge doe heading my way at sundown, and thought for sure I would be letting the air out of her.
But, she took her sweet time and I ran out of light.
The amount of acorns were just unreal, they're falling everywhere.
Sure was nice to be back out there though! Can't wait to go back.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I like your spirit O4Life!! I won't be getting out until around Oct. 20th or so but maybe "if you guys don't mind" I'll post a picture everyday. I worked on the Grigsby (the largest contingent piece of property in Illinois 13,500 ac.) and at that time we were called Central Illinois Outfitters. I've got some great trophy shots being as my third job there was official photographer. Another plus is that it will make me figure out how to post pic's on this site.

Dan

Dan
Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

That would be great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.