HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Heart Shot Thread (17) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300965-official-team-heart-shot-thread-17-a.html)

SuperRedHawk 12-30-2009 11:03 AM

You guys still hunting out there?
Every weekend here has just been brutally windy and cold. I usually always go this weekend, but a serious cold front is coming through, so I may chicken out. High of 20 in Illinois and high of 6 in Wisconsin! :eek:

Happy New Year to all!

lrhuntr 12-30-2009 11:31 AM

Wow, I almost forgot I was on a team! Sorry guys!! Shows how good the bowhunting has been...... kinda.

I have yet to tag a deer with the bow, and yes I'm still hunting, I have until the 3rd. I have passed on a few deer in hopes that I will get a crack at one of the 3 deer I have my eyes on. 2 are really nice 10 pointers, one is wide and one is tall. My guess is that they are both are pushing 145-150".

The other deer is a wide and heavy 8 pointer that I had at 15 yards but would not step into my shooting lanes and ended up walking strait away from me. He was interested in my grunts but not that interested. 15 minutes later I had a little basket rack 6 pointer come walking right through. Could have shot him 7 different ways. Good example of how mature and immature bucks act.

That was back in mid November, now it's a whole new ball game with snow and sub zero temperatures. I have been seeing deer as of late, all does. Fields and woods are cut up hard with tracks. I'm sitting in one of my favorite stands that acts as a funnel between a bedding area and a staging area before the deer go out into the fields.

I will hopefully be out tomorrow, hunt the midday until close. This full moon combined with snow on the ground has deer running all night. Hopefully the clouds today will keep them down until the afternoon.

Good luck to everyone still out there and I will try to get on more.

outdoorsman4life_103 12-30-2009 05:27 PM

i have hung up the bow and am pulling the rifle back out. time to do some gun hunting for the second 10 day gun season here in WI's CWD zone.

mfd1027 12-30-2009 05:39 PM

Well, I'm down here in Miami dwiddling my thumbs. It's been in the 80's so I'm not freezing my butt off but I'd trade places with any of you guys. I'm hoping that I can get back to Ga. for the last wk. of the season which ends on the 15th. Good luck to you guys that are still plugging away. Happy New Year!!

Dan

mfd1027 01-08-2010 02:19 PM

Well, I'm heading to Ga. for my last hurrah tomorrow. (Sat.) The season is over next Fri. (the 15th). Not a lot of hope of seeing let alone shooting a mature buck but I'll be happy if I get one more shot so a doe will work just fine. Cold temps. even in Ga. with morning lows around 15 so I packed my knicker's. lol

Dan

outdoorsman4life_103 01-11-2010 01:18 PM

well, im all done now for the year. i put 2 more does on the ground and fed 2 more families who wanted the meat. hope you all found some joy in this season even if you didn't get "the big one" is everyone done hunting?