Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not only that but many early muzzle loading seasons are now in also. I still hunt them with a bow but it does present a challenge when someone tresspasses with a loaded gun
Old 10-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright Team, We are entering that time of yr we have waiting for!!
Its mid Oct, and heading into Nov,
The bucks are or will very soon be up making there rounds.

I have been seeing a good bit of does around this one hardwood ridge that i hunt.(and there is a few good rubs starting to pop up)

The acorns are really falling here and the deer do not need look hard for food this yr,

I have also been trying to help my 14yr son get his first with a bow.
"Lord please give me patients" lol

Good luck guys! I will try to let you know whats going on down here and what i am seeing.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in guys! I have been seeing a few young bucks chassing this week but nothing of any size.
I don`t think its going to be long before i we start seeing the older bucks start moving about.
Anyone else seeing anything?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatley just does for me seen a few smal lbucks but i wasnt hunting
Old 10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Well Tuesday night i snuck out of work early jsut becuase i had that "feeling" so i get into my seat and situated at about 415pm. about 5 i see 2 small does with spots still on their butts come into my bait. They mill around eating acorns and sugar beets till about 6 when they are on ym hard left im watching them, then the unmistakeable snap of a twig perks my attention on my right. I slowly turn to see antlers moving through some tight small pine trees. i get turned around and ready by this time he is past the one shooting lane i have in that direction. So im patiently waiting to see if he makes the mistake of coming into my bait but he jsut looks at the does looks up at me for 5 seconds then turns and walks back into the thicker woods. He was a nice tall 6 pointer from what i could see, would of been my biggest buck with a bow maybe ever but instead he lives to see another day. Hopefully he comes in tommorow night (thursday) cuz i already talked to my boss and after working from 630 amto 730 pm wensday he said i can leave early thursday. so ill keep you all updated. Good luck to anyone else hunting
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with that buck Jared !! Hope you nail him !!

I got a look at the tall tined 6x6 last Saturday. Moved in closer but he was a no show Sunday.

Shot a doe tonight at 7 yards from the ground. Didn't see any bucks. Wind has been wrong for my good spots so I wasn't worried about messing this spot up. Now I will just concentrate on bucks.

Here's the doe...

Tim
Old 10-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Tim,

Great job on the nanny!!!

Thanks for the text messages and the phone conversation, it made my evening!

Good luck on getting your buck.

Take care,

Brian
Old 10-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Pulled back on one last nite. As he got closer, saw that he was only a 6pt. So I go to let my bow down and "THWANG!!!", the string popped off the pulleys. That has never happened to me before. The buck spooked a little and scurried off. But what really sucked is that I'm left there with a bow that won't work and no way to restring it in the stand, and a nice 8pt walks right under me trailing the 6 point. Man, it was sad. All I could do was watch.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I haven't been on the forums much lately. My father-in-law passed away this past week and I haven been dealing with that. I did get out this morning but saw no legal bucks. Saw a nice mature 4pt and a young 5pt but both are illegal in my area. Going to go out again this afternoon.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:03 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Jeramy.

Well guys...
I suppose I better fess up... we should of had a buck on the score board last night. I botched a 30 yard shot at the 6x6 last night.

I've hunted him some where around 12 times this year which means well over 25 miles of walking into and out of his area and 30 - 35 hours of hunting him. I couldn't have asked for a better 12th hunt with rattling, grunting and the doe decoy to get him in range. Just an awesome hunt the way it unfolded !! Well if I would have left the decoy at home... I would have had a 10 yard shot but even with him being a little leary and moving out... the 30 yard shot he offered should have been a chip shot. I shot under him... he was standing broadside. Arrow was clean. You couldn't have asked for a better shot. I knew something was wrong the way he ran away. He run a little bit... stop and look back... tail up. He acted like a deer spooked but not sure what happened. I had a sinking feeling while watching him with a silent dammit what did I do.

Not sure what I did wrong as I had used the right pin and had previously ranged the area. He was right at 30 yards when he stopped. Definitely wasn't buck fever. I had just practiced a few days before and the bow was dead on. Have to chalk this one up to user error. Sorry guys !!

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.