Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 09-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a complete pass thru on a doe last evening. Bright red blood soaked arrow. No Blood trail at all from what we saw last night. Had a good visual on the way she ran. We looked with a spot light and decided to come back this morning at first light. I came home all the way back to De and will return this morning. Had to call out at work, not good, don't like doing that but you gotta do what you gotta do. So another 160 miles to recover a doe that I hope we find and is ok with the temps, 60 degrees right now at 4:30am. Will let you all know how it turned out later today.

BTW, havn't read much of what's been going on. Will catch up on it all today some time I hope.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish we could enter does into the contest
Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur
I had a complete pass thru on a doe last evening. Bright red blood soaked arrow. No Blood trail at all from what we saw last night. Had a good visual on the way she ran. We looked with a spot light and decided to come back this morning at first light. I came home all the way back to De and will return this morning. Had to call out at work, not good, don't like doing that but you gotta do what you gotta do. So another 160 miles to recover a doe that I hope we find and is ok with the temps, 60 degrees right now at 4:30am. Will let you all know how it turned out later today.

BTW, havn't read much of what's been going on. Will catch up on it all today some time I hope.

Rick i hope you can find her i have had that happen me more than once.

I smoked a doe late saturday afternoon she only ran maby 40yrds i was happy about that.

Guys i have to tell you that this weather down here is unreal to say the least. It has rained harder and longer than i have ever seen before,
We had 16inches in two days.

One of my stands is sits 25-30ft up but now there is only about 5ft from the water to the stand.
We have about 12 dead or missing within 15 miles of where i live and over 200rds washed out, Never, Never have ever seen anything like this. I will do the best i can to put a buck down but it may be in late oct or nov even dec, good luck guys . terry
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

All right found her 200 yrds away. It was a tough track with the first drop and I mean drop of blood 100 yards away. Just a drop here and there and none the last 60 yrds. Just a good visual marking after the shot was the cause of finding that first drop.Took me and my partner DaveH an hour and a half but we got it done. Now the not so good news, foxes got to it over night and feasted on the rear end and hind quarter. The rest of the deer was fine. Weighed 95 lbs. Shot entered other side in the pic and got liver and exited the gut on the left side. All bleeding was internal. The blood on the arrow was bright red, thought a liver hit was dark red.

And the fox damage:

Wow RT, havn't heard anything about all that. Stay safe and take care of one another.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grats Rick! Sorry to see the aftermath of the fox.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go rick, kudos to you for going back to get her also. RTA I am sorry to hear that, i saw it on the news about six flags down there somewhere being flooded and you could only see half the roller coaster it showed. It is nuts. Stay safe!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys i haven`t been out sence last sunday , But i will back in the stand tomorrow looking for some bone!

Good luck to who ever is hunting!!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

headin tommorow mornin and tommorow night if i got time
Old 09-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

8 days and counting ... tick tock tick tock
Old 09-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok guys im headin out in a few minutes so wish me luck im so pumped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.