Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 09-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

^^^ everybody has too put on some when ur out hunting in the cold lol
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mcraddock
That is a wonderful problem to have! I lost more over the summer myself. But fortunately my clothes just fit better now. Down form a 36" waist and back to a 33" waist, and most of my camo is in 34". I bought both of my new Scentblocker suits in large to keep motivated toward keeping the weight off this winter. I always seem to gain 20-30 lbs over the winter, laziness I think.

Yep, I used to be the same way. I now have to keep myself on track with a good diet and exercise program. Got through last holiday season and winter without gaining anything thank god! lol I've been working on this for over 18 months now but I'm down from a size 46/48 pant to a comfortable 36 and almost 34.

My old camo is 2XL and 3XL. These days I wear a large. XL if I want room to layer.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Just an update...

Friday night I snuck in the tall tined 6x6 bedding area since he hasn't been coming out. I played it safe with the crappy NE wind we had. I saw him and 6 other bucks. He was out pretty early but only moved 150 yards in well over an hour just browsing and being a tough guy with the other bucks. He hangs with a tall tined 4x4 that is also pretty nice. I need a west wind of any sort to get a shot at him. The are only taking east winds. I did have 2 younger bucks come by. They need a few years yet. LOL

This morning I had 4 does go by anywheres from 15 - 25 yards. I suppose I really should buy a doe tag but want to concentrate on buck hunting.

Tonight I went into the short tined 6x6's bedding area. He was a no show but did see two decent bucks. One was a very clean and very even 5x5 in the 135ish range. The other was funky 4x4 that goes in the 120 - 125 range. Give both another year and they will be pretty good bucks. Had a doe go by at 3 yards and saw two other does.

Not sure if I will go out in the morning but will be hunting tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they are wrong with the wind direction and I can make something work with the tall tined 6x6.

Tim
Old 09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim: Sounds like you are on the verge of putting the smack down on a stud soon.

As for me, nothing much to tell.
I hunted saturday morning and afternoon, Didn`t see much at all to speak of other than i had one small buck come in very late almost to dark to see.

Sunday morning seen more turkey than deer. O-well thats hunting.

It sure was nice to be back out in the stand!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just cheaking in haven`t heard from you guys in a while? lol anyone hunting or seeing anything?

I will be back in the stand again this weekend but the weather has been less than favorable to say the least.
It has been raining off and on all week and just plain out muggy but not enough to keep anyone from hunting!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw both of those two monsters that i poster in this thread earlier about 2 days ago bout 150 yrds from my stand
Old 09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing really to report here. Waiting for my season to start! 16 days
Old 09-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Been hunting non-stop since Tuesday when season opened. I passed on 7 deer total. The best being a six-point that was well inside the ears. I'm waiting for something much bigger. All doe's observed had spotted fawns with them so dice on doe's yet.
Going to try a new tract in the morning. Lots of persimmons and they are all over the ground.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:22 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We are combining now. Not sure when I will get to hunt next.

Tim
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Made it out saturday but nothing to show, saw a few small bucks and some does but nothing came within range. Now im waiting for our season in my zone to open up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.