Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 08-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt? sorry buddy Sept 15 got it!
Season starts for my county on the Sept. 15th .But I'm going down to the lowcountry on Labor day weekend where season has been in since Aug. 15th. Friend of mine is a member on a trophy managed property and is taking me as a guest. Good success rate for me there.
Maby you can put the smack on one early that would be sweet!

My season starts Sept 4th. I've actually got two main frame 6x6 bucks scouted. Was within 45 yards of the shorter tined buck Thursday night while scouting. Both should go in the 150s. I will be hunting hard to see if I can get an arrow in one of them this next weekend.
Tim I agree with rick, Two bucks in the 150 range,
I sure hope you get the type wind you are hoping for, A 150 stud like that to get the team rolling. Oh yea!!

I spent 10 years in NJ before retiring.
Rick: Congrats on your retirement, I hope its going well for your.
I sure hope you have a another great season,
PS, I hope we all do.

Bowman4440: I have never used scentblock stuff myself, But i have good friends that swear by it.
They Take some really awsome bucks every yr,

Heck one of my freinds that use it even took the GA, STATE Non typical bow kill two seasons ago.
Name "Jay Maxwell" The buck grossed 239 and netted 213.
The way i look at it? If it works for you by all means use it!
Old 08-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Im all the way down in cape may county, the very tip. i have a better chance at shooting a fish with horns than a deer Nah we have a lot of deer and some really nice bucks but they are really tough to hunt due to the thick woods and a lot of human pressure. Yea i can't wait tog et out of new jersey. The hunting sucks unless you want to duck hunt all the time, its exoensive, and the people arn't very pleasent. Anyone got a spare room and a job for a 20 year old?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Ohh and i turn 20 tuesday! woohoo haha i took a walk around one of the parcels of woods i hunt today. Did find some deer poop and i think i got a good idea of what i want to do this year in there, the woods is still really really grown up so its hard to see the trails and sign but i did find a few beds. Hows everyone else looking for the season?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be going for the first legal buck that I see this year. In the areas that I hunt we're required to only shoot a buck with 4pts or more on a side due to our antler restrictions. Our deer generally do not grow very large but I have seen a couple bucks that would go for 110-125ish by my estimate. There are some big deer taken in PA each year so I can only hope I get my chance someday.

At this point I want some meat in the freezer so I will take the first big doe that gives me a chance.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Spike

How do we ge the avatar in our profile?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

save the pic on ur computer then then go too hunting net-(user cp) and go too edit avatar then upload it then save changes and that should work
Old 09-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh and i turn 20 tuesday!
Happy late Birthday Jared!!

Tim: Opening day is getting close!

Team most of us are getting very close to hitting the stands with our bows.

Just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck this season.
May your arrows fly strait and true!

I hope your blood trail are short with your trophy at the end.

But most of all? I wish you a safe return.
"Hunt safe guys and good luck" rta47.terry
Old 09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tonights hunt, first of the year, produced 3 does at 115 yrds. Lost my new Hooyman Saw and left my pull up rope at home. Awwww, got to love those first hunts of the year.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Happy Birthday Jared !!

Don't you just love that first hunt Rick. You plot and plan only to forget something. I hope you find your saw !!

I am still hoping to get out Friday night but the boss is threating to fire up the dryer so we can get wheat harvest started. Hopefully he is just having some fun and torturing me but it never fails with him. Harvest always starts on a Friday with him. We will go combine a couple loads late in the day and then he decides it too wet. Saturday we will work on other things until about 4:30 in the afternoon... then we will get a couple more loads and he decides it is still too wet. Sunday is a repeat of Saturday. The part that really erks me besides losing the whole weekend... there will be a half hour of day light left when he decides to call Saturday and Sunday a day. Then he asks if I am going hunting that night !! He wonders why I get grumpy !! LOL

Keep your fingers crossed for me !! Good luck to everyone and have a fun but safe Labor Day Weekend

Tim
Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur
Tonights hunt, first of the year, produced 3 does at 115 yrds. Lost my new Hooyman Saw and left my pull up rope at home. Awwww, got to love those first hunts of the year.
LOL it never fails ! I seem to always forget somethng? forget to do something? Ect.. I am right there with ya sir!
Atleast you seen something, "eventhough they were 115yrds away"
Good luck rick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.