Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 12-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet doe Tim!! Congrats buddy nice!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations guys on all the great deer so far. I'm still at it with my bow, trying to bag me a second buck for the year (first was a rifle kill). Just a little less than a month left in my season. January 1, it's back to hogs and coyotes.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone still hunting? Trying to score!

Its getting late in the season for some just thought i would ask?
Best of luck to anyone still trying.

I was seeing a good many deer myself Buck`s and doe`s, Just couldn`t get the right shot one reason or another? but for the past couple of weekends i can tell things has changed.
Not seeing near as many deer in some of my better area`s .
I may try to take another doe if given the chance
Good luck guys.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my season goes until the beginning of february, I haven't been out for a couple weeks (lots of schoolwork) this weekend is our late gun season after that I should be out with my bow for some good hunting over Christmas break!! hope I can get something my mom has been hinting that she would like some more deer meat so I may end up lowering my standards to accommodate my mother lol
Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I am still at it. Getting alot of bowhunting in now. I am seeing tons of does/fawns but have only seen a handful of bucks. I figured that would happen after I used up my last doe tag !! LOL I go until January 3rd. Hoping to shoot a coyote or two also with bow. Man are they running all over here.

Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Tim
Old 12-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

SCORE !!

Whew....For a while there I thought that I wasn't going to get a bow kill this year. Ok...he's not massive by no means, but he is a cull buck for obvious defects. Yep, you see correctly! He is still in velvet. My first velvet buck ever!

I knew there was definately something wrong with him when I first saw him and decided to take him out. And it's getting to be really slim pickins this time of year as the pressure has really been on the deer.

At first, I believed he had no testicles and that was what was causing his antlers not to harden or shed. But the processor I took him too said he had seen this only once before, and it was because the testes never dropped. That was indeed the case with this guy. So he probably never would have been able to breed, but he also would have a tough life getting whooped by other bucks because of the soft antlers. This is evidenced already as there was fresh blood and a fresh break on his left main beam.

So, normally I wouldn't take a buck this small. But it's late in the season and I felt he was bad for the gene pool. Oh well.

Here is the gross score with velvet. I'm doing a european mount of him so I refuse to scrape off the velvet. They can deduct if they want to.

Score: 103 1/8

And yes, my son is wearing short sleeves in December!! We have crazy weather here! 26 degrees at night and 70 degrees during the day. I love it!

Poor guy, just an empty sac!!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to say Congratulations from the guys on team 24. That's a Crazy buck to score, you may want to have a WCO check him out, if you haven't cut him up yet, its obviously not a common defect. Thats a Great buck however. Id be proud of that one.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 12-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, thats a nice duck.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

normally I wouldn't take a buck this small. But it's late in the season and I felt he was bad for the gene pool
Way to go on both accounts!! Thats what you get for sticking with it and never giving up.
CONGRATS!!!

Last edited by RTA47; 12-28-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Thats it guys. Season ended for me yesterday. I'm depressed, 9 and a half more months til bow season......hmmmm.

Hope all of ya'll had a great season. I sure did. Hoping to see you guys on my team next year!!!

BTW, no one is updating the OFFICIAL picture/score thread. Reckon Rob/Pa Bowyer is preoccupied???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.