Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

no good guys seen a nice 10 tonight buti could get the shot off so i let him walk maybe he will come back by in the morning
Old 09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

cool 8mm stick him! Put us on the board early! I will be hunting this saturday, im excited i cant wait. its cant get here fast enough.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Didn't get out Sat or this morning (Mon). Maybe this evening. How'd you all do over the weekend?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at him 8mm, Hang in there i have a felling that 10 has not the last of you.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I scared up a nice young 8 for next season and i also saw a fawn but that is the extent of my deer action im still fighting with myslf over if i get a shot at the smaller of the two bigguns on my land if i will take the shot or be greedy and pass for the bigger one
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Mossberg look at it this way. If you didnt know the bigger one was on ur land would you shoot the smaller one? Yes, who knows if he wills how up or not. Both of them may dissapear, or you might have both of them come in at the same time. You never know, but when the time comes. Take your time!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

well now that i look at it that way i would DEFINETLY shoot the smaller one if the biggun wasnt there
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I made it out for 3 hunts before we had to go combining this weekend. I saw one little doe. Full moon had them coming out after dark. They weren't moving in the morning either other then the doe. Tyler saw nothing moving until after dark too in his spots. We both are hunting very good spots. The deer are there. Weather was pretty decent with the right winds.

I did get to see a coyote but that was about it for four legged critters. Not sure when I will get to hunt now with harvest going on. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck Rick and 8mm with your hunting.

Tim
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Was able to sneak out after work since it rained and he let us go home a bit early.

I had an interesting night. Got rained on for an hour or so. Then it got real nice out for the last hour. Had a real nice 5x5 ( 135 - 140 ) with hanging velvet go by at 18 yards. He had places to be though and wouldn't stop trotting. He was probably desperate in trying to find a tree in this no tree land to finish rubbing his velvet off. LOL It did get the old ticker a beating. Then a pretty decent 4x4 ( 125-ish ) comes in fast too. He stopped though and stood broadside for a couple minutes begging to die. Got my heart set on killing something bigger so passed.

Might be able to get out tomorrow night after work also. Depending on the wind... I might hunt the other spot the shorter tined 6x6 is roaming in. Things are picking up a bit.

Tim
Old 09-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TJF
Was able to sneak out after work since it rained and he let us go home a bit early.

I had an interesting night. Got rained on for an hour or so. Then it got real nice out for the last hour. Had a real nice 5x5 ( 135 - 140 ) with hanging velvet go by at 18 yards. He had places to be though and wouldn't stop trotting. He was probably desperate in trying to find a tree in this no tree land to finish rubbing his velvet off. LOL It did get the old ticker a beating. Then a pretty decent 4x4 ( 125-ish ) comes in fast too. He stopped though and stood broadside for a couple minutes begging to die. Got my heart set on killing something bigger so passed.

Might be able to get out tomorrow night after work also. Depending on the wind... I might hunt the other spot the shorter tined 6x6 is roaming in. Things are picking up a bit.

Tim
Tim,

Sounded like a great night to be hunting, I'm not real sure if I would have had the patience you showed in not shooting.

Just wanted to say good luck to you and the team.

Take care,

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.