Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
Its neither here nor there guys. I put the story on our team thread. It was on here for almost 24 hours. I didn't get any feedback so I deleted. Its ok. I'm cool with. I thought this would be fun to get to know some guys who bow hunt but I was wrong. BTW my deer was over 145. Not that anyone gives a sh!t.
This guy is such as asshat!! Sounds like a 3 year old crying because no one gave him any attention. He has built quite the reputation on this site by simply being an ass. He thinks he is gods gift to hunting and bird dogs. Your opinions will not matter because he knows all. Hopefully someday someone will show him how it really is. Until then, I guess he will continue to be an internet toughguy/know-it-all.

It amazes me how much of an idiot some people can be!!
Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

got a button buck with the gun this after noon... got my buck tag for next bow season!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Spike

Default Got a Doe

Blake, good job on the button buck.

I bow hunted hard Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Saw lots of doe, but only a couple of bucks (none in range). I don't know where all the bucks went. Anyway, shot a doe Saturday night. I clipped the top of the first lung and got the second lung good. It ran about 80 yards. Hardly any blood trail to speak of though. I had some help looking for her and we found her without too much trouble. The low was only 50 degrees that night so I was glad we were able to find her in the dark and didn't have to wait until the next morning. I gotta say though. I've shot two or three deer now with the Rage two-blade broadheads and haven't been too impressed. I could see spending $13 or $14 a piece if they produced more blood, but so far, they just haven't. I know some guys that really like them though. I think I'll switch back to Muzzy fixed blades or one of the older expandables (like the Wasp or Spitfires). Just curious, what broadheads do you guys shoot and what kind of success have you had with them?

Chris

Last edited by cburkhart; 12-01-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cburkhart
Blake, good job on the button buck.

Just curious, what broadheads do you guys shoot and what kind of success have you had with them?

Chris
thanks, i honestly thought it was a doe when i shot... but i guess now i can say i've got 4 bucks this year

and i use G5 tekan's.. shot 3 deer and they seem to work real good perfect pass thrus except my last buck i hit spine... first 2 ran 50-100 yards, the spined one got up and made it 200 yards before i caught up to him and put another in the boiler.

ive used thunder heads also and i shot one button with it(thought it was a doe) and had lots! of blood dead in 30-40 yards

i shot one with a steel force.. dont remember the model.. thru the shoulder blade and dead in 50-70 yards

all three are great heads, if you can get thunders and the steel force's to fly right they work really well

ill continue to use the tekans, so if my bow becomes somehow a bit out of tune it will have less effect on the flight.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the broadheads you mentioned. I shot a button buck last year that I thought was a doe. Best deer meat I've ever had too.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cburkhart
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the broadheads you mentioned. I shot a button buck last year that I thought was a doe. Best deer meat I've ever had too.
i just had the backstraps last night, they were delicious
Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Blake and cburkhart! Sorry for not being around much, but it's been busy with Thanksgiving and hanging at the camp for much of the first week of rifle season here. Still hoping my dad will tag one on the property, but it's a been a tough rifle season in PA.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Site Bouncer

Just checking in guys.

Been a pretty good year so far. I've killed three does with my bow and one buck (nice 8-point) with my gun during the Illinois gun season. I still have a buck tag left and I've seen a few decent bucks while in the stand but nothing worth shooting at....Yet! I'm still at it and will be till the middle of January.

later...
Old 12-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigJ71
Just checking in guys.

Been a pretty good year so far. I've killed three does with my bow and one buck (nice 8-point) with my gun during the Illinois gun season. I still have a buck tag left and I've seen a few decent bucks while in the stand but nothing worth shooting at....Yet! I'm still at it and will be till the middle of January.

later...
congrats on the does!

anyone still out there for the late season?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Site Bouncer

Well,

Bow season is done here in Illinois. While I never connected on a nice buck with my bow, I did see plenty of deer and had a great season. I killed three does with my bow and a nice 8-point with my gun so it was a good year all around.

Sorry I couldn't contribute and congratulations again to all who have scored. Good luck to those who's seasons are still open.

See you around on the forums guys.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.