Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Site Bouncer

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
Hey guys I shot a nice buck and I posted it here. No one seems to care on our team so you guys can scratch me off the team. You all seem to get along well and I don't fit in really with this group. No one really talks with me that much anyway. Good luck guys. I hope you guys find an alternate.

Andy

Andy,

First of all, congratulations on a fine buck!

Now about what you posted.....I don't post that often either because I'm busy with work and trying to get some hunting in as well. So when I check out this site I come here to the team 20 thread first to see how everyone is doing and if anyone has killed a deer. If I have time after then I'll check out the main forum but I miss a lot of posts because of the high turn over. If you would have just told us here I'm sure you would have gotten the congrats from all of your teammates, me included. But, you didn't post anything on this thread about your kill, so unless we caught it on the main bow hunting forum there is no way we could have known. Hell before this post on the 3rd you hadn't posted since Oct 26th!

If you want to quit hey that's fine, this is just a silly contest for bragging rights, no big deal but I really don't think you gave us a chance. I could see if you posted pics and your success story here on our thread and nobody said a thing but to simply post it on the main board but not tell us here and then complain about it is just plain wrong. Hell you've been updating us on how your season has been going all along, so why not tell us the most important detail of your season....A BUCK KILL!

Come on man, nobody is alienating you or making you feel not welcome, that's all in your head, we are all very happy for you.

I hope you will reconsider your position on this but if not then so be it.

Congratulations again on a fine buck Andy and all the best to you for the rest of the season.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Its neither here nor there guys. I put the story on our team thread. It was on here for almost 24 hours. I didn't get any feedback so I deleted. Its ok. I'm cool with. I thought this would be fun to get to know some guys who bow hunt but I was wrong. BTW my deer was over 145. Not that anyone gives a sh!t.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default Hey Guys

Wow, I didn't know there was so much drama in this contest! For what it's worth, I think I saw Andy's post mentioning the buck kill before it was deleted, but I was at work and thought I'd post a reply once I got home and the pictures of the deer had been posted. Sounded like one heck of an eight point. Good job Andy if you're still reading these posts. We'd love to have you stay and be part of the team, but if you decide that this contest isn't for you, that's your choice. It's just for fun anyway.

On a different note, me and a few other guys went hunting near Mexico, MO over the last couple of days. We got access to 160 private acres with crops and food plots galore. Wouldn't you know it, a freakin' heat wave hits. Perfect timing! The high temps for both days were in the mid 70's. Lows in the lower 50's. I passed on a 120 class eight point the first morning because the trail cams on this place had gotten pictures of a 180+ (so I'm told, but I haven't seen the pics myself). Well, turns out I barely saw another deer the whole time. Just some does after dark last night. I'll be hunting next weekend in my usual place in SE Kansas. If the temps cool down like they're supposed to, I plan to take of the 16th to make a 3-day weekend out of it.

Good luck to everyone.

Chris
Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

andy, even if you choose not to stay on the team, please post a picture because i would love to see it, and i never saw your post, if you posted it on the weekend i was probably hunting and usually dont have access to a computer till i get back. but congrats and a 145inch deer is a huge deer anywhere!!! if you woulndnt mind please post a pic, i really do want to see him, and im sorry for not seeing your post on him

on a different note, i got another buck this morning! this one is bigger than the first, 10inch g2's and 19.5inch inside spread..23inch main beams 8 point! i,m pretty excited!!! without the circumfrence measurements is already scores about 110!... just rough score done with a yard stick... but not matter what he's my biggest buck to date and i couldnt be more happy!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)-ec2918c6771d.jpg  

Last edited by blakefrautschi; 11-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Spike

Default Nice Buck!

Good job Blake. Looks like you're having a great season.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is another great buck, Blake. Congrats.
As for Andy's buck. If I or anyone else entered in a contest, and shot a 145 inch whitetail, I would think it would have been posted here forever not just a few hours! Come on man!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cburkhart
Good job Blake. Looks like you're having a great season.
thanks! its been one heck of a season so far to me... and its not over yet!
my 2 biggest bucks and a button buck!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Site Bouncer

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
Its neither here nor there guys. I put the story on our team thread. It was on here for almost 24 hours. I didn't get any feedback so I deleted. Its ok. I'm cool with. I thought this would be fun to get to know some guys who bow hunt but I was wrong. BTW my deer was over 145. Not that anyone gives a sh!t.

Andy,

Sometimes I don't check this site for a couple days, you post your kill here and in 24hrs you don't get a response so you delete your post, take your ball and go home???? Fine see ya later.

If you think for one second I'm going to beg you to stay and be a part of this contest just because you killed a 145in deer then you're sorely mistaken. If your feelings get hurt because you don't get a response about your kill within 24hrs of you posting it then you've got issues. Christ man you're acting like a child. If you think hunting is about instant pats on the back then you're hunting for the wrong reasons.

It's funny you should talk about acknowledging a kill because both Matt and Blake kill bucks and YOU don't say congrats to either one of them! pretty hypocritical if you ask me...Yet you whine and delete your post after only 24hrs...classic!

You say you thought this contest would be fun to get to know other bow hunters yet you check in late then only post six times before you're last two whinny posts and don't even acknowledge two of your teammates buck kills.... yeah, way to put fourth an effort Andy.

If this is how you're going to be then you're right about one thing, I don't give a ........

Grow up...

Last edited by BigJ71; 11-08-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Site Bouncer

Blake,

Way to go with your third buck, and a nice one at that! It's pretty cool when it all comes together ain't it? Heck of a season bud congrats!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Blake! You're on a roll, man.

BB, I never saw your post. Like BigJ, I'm not on here every single day. 24hrs is enough time for everyone (or possibly ANYONE) on the team to catch the post). Good to see you posted a score, and it sounds like a good one, but I share BigJ's sentiment's on the subject

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.