Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work Matt! i really like the right side on him! congrats again!

my guess to the score is 119?
Old 10-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Congrats

Great job Matt!!! I will start hunting hard around Nov.3. I also have an iowa tag so KS and Iowa hopefully pics of a nice buck or 2 by the middle of Nov. Doug
Old 10-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just read the story!!! Great start for the team as well as getting you back into the zone. Congrats again.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Site Bouncer

Way to go Matt!! Congrats on a great looking buck!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, guys. Scored him at 117" I'm MORE than pumped about that
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope to even that score or better!!!lol I saw some does finally this morning and a button buck ten yds from the stand. He was cruising all by himself. Things are starting to pick up round here.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

i went out this weekend...it was slow, but this next weekend ill be hunting from thurday to sunday!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

So I was hunting Saturday morning in a great spot overlooking a creek crossing. I'm sitting in my stand right at daylight texting my good buddy who was looking at a good buck when I look fown to my right and there is a doe walking maybe 10-12 yards away. So I spring into action and get my bow ready. Well she keeps right on walking and I didn't even draw. So heads to the creek crossing so just for sh!ts and grins I pick up my buck roar call and let out a soft low grunt. I'll be damned if she doesn't turn and trot to me bleating the whole way. So I whack her at 15 yards and away she goes. She makes it about 50 yards and piles up! I'm thinking "awesome!" Well I'm about to get down when I look up and here come two more does. Now I have never seen this before, those two does walk up to that dead doe and smell her for a minute or two and then turn and walk right to me. The lead doe gets to almost the exact spot I smoked the first one in. She's quartering away from me and I let her have it at about 15 yards. I knew right away I liver shot her on the near side. I had over estimated for her quartering away. She trotted off after the shot with the other doe. She went about 30 yards and laid down. I knew that was it so I just waited patiently and she died right there. So I'm packing up and low and behold the other doe that I thought had left starts to come back. I had one more doe tag left. (In Kansas you can kill 5 in certain units). She never got close enough but what a great hunt. My place has a buck to doe ratio of about 1 buck to 5 does. There are a bunch of bucks here too and big ones at that. So I'm almost done thinning does for the year. I shot 5 of my place last year and at the end of the season I counted 22 does in the same field one night. I got some pics of my does. I'll post them soon. I'm starting to see scrapes just in the past two days. I put cameras out on two scrapes. I did get a pic of the BIG 10 I saw the other night. I'll post it too. He's goin down like a sweet muffin.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw my first antlered deer tonight. Small 7 that I have on my trail cam pics went by at ten yds. Hope the ten pt. I have from the same trail cam comes by next....
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

BB, awesome! I've often wondered what it would be like to score a double. Congrats.

Tky, maybe I missed it, but did you ever post pictures of this 10? I'm anxious to see what we might be finding you sitting behind in the near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.