Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Spike

I think the logo looks great. Nice work. Hope the weather cooperates with your hunting this weekend. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

the avatar looks good to me!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

First day was on Saturday for me. Saw a spike on the way to the afternoon stand. That was it. No reason to get excited just yet, better times to come.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Been out a few times havent seen anythign worth shooting. It's still early though
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing doing for the PA opener for me. Saw a flock of turkeys, but that's it. Acorns are dropping like crazy here.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

at least everyone seems to be getting out there, i might be able to get back out this weekend, but im not sure yet... hopefully i do
Old 10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Avatar looks great, Thanks for doing it.
I had 3 doe, well two and one button buck under me tonight. was going to try to wack the biggest one but ticked my release on my rangefinder and she busted me, sorta. Anyway no shot. Nothing with horns yet.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Site Bouncer

I was only able to get out one day last weekend, I had a camping trip set up with my son. I usually don't like to hunt the first two weeks of the season, not much buck action where I'm set up. True to form I saw nothing on my Sunday hunt, only does. I'll probably go again this weekend but I'm not expecting much. I'm keeping an eye on the does though and I think they are bedding up in about the same area they did last year, so for one of my stands, it may be a good spot come the rut.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I had a nice 150 plus 10 pointer at 50 yards last night but couldn't get a shot. He came out with a big knarly non typical deer and a real nice 140 class 8 pointer. I thought I had him coming in more then once but he wouldn't commit. I'm in a stand right now that directly over the trail where he came out on last night. I was headed to this stand but there was a smaller buck walking down the edge towards me and I couldn't get to the stand. I had my climber on my back just in case so I stopped about 100 yards short and climbed up looking over the bean field. I could see my other stand. Wouldn't you know he came right out below it with his two buddies. All three are nice deer. The big 10 is exceptional though. We'll see what happens tonight. Hopefully in a few hours I'll have some pics for you guys. This buck had me shaking last night with his coming to me and then leaving and then coming to me again. I normally don't get like that either. I'm usually able to keep it together until after the shot but last night was hard. That's why I bow hunt. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Thats pretty cool, good luck getting one of them tonight! this past weekend was youth gun hunt and next is only doe, and we have to wear blaze orange.. i wont be out for another 2 weeks unfortunatly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.