Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigJ71
I wish!! I hunt a little south and east of "big buck land". I'm around Effingham when I hunt with my brother-in-law or up north east in Will county when I'm near my home or north west in Carroll and JoDaviess counties at my friends place(s). I hunt not too far from where you guys did last year near Lanark. My buddy has some property in and near Savana which is just due west of Lanark on 64. I'm going out there next weekend as a matter of fact.

I like to keep it mixed up between those spots and my families property down in the Shawnee Natl. Forrest. I usually end up with about 4-6 deer a year. Hopefully I'll connect on a brute but only time will tell.

Good luck to all!
I'll tell ya what, your a lot closer to big buck land than I am.LOL...
I just got an Email from Rob asking if I wanna go to Ill. again next year. Of course I said yes, so we may be seeing each other in the future. I am sure we will be in touch before we leave. Good luck this season.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
i'll be heading out friday night till sunday night...hopefully ill get some brown on the ground...maybe with some bone to go with it
Sounds great! Thanks for taking the captain position and getting the name posted. Great job.
I hope you score early so you have time to total up all the scores this team brings in!!!!! Good luck this weekend.

Last edited by tkycaller; 09-23-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tkycaller
Sounds great! Dont forget to get our name posted Captain.
I hope you score early so you have time to total up all the scores this team brings in!!!!! Good luck this weekend.
looks like you got it already haha, gonna wait for a few more members to see if they like it...but i guess if you snooze you lose!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. To late its there now....... I missed it when I signed on, thus the reason for the edit.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tkycaller
LOL. To late its there now....... I missed it when I signed on, thus the reason for the edit.
i didn't do it haha... i thought it was you?!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys haven't checked in for a while. Been hunting here a little bit. Seen some does and a few nights ago we had a nice buck on the camera so I left the camera and setup right by a couple nights later. Well about 720 pm out steps a deer. He walks right by me at 16 yards. I let him go. Might have been a mistake. It was the same deer. He'll probably go 135 to 140. Nice tall 10 pointer. Really young deer though. There is a 190+ on this place so letting him pass was easy. They've already started rubbin and scrapin hear. I'm in my stand as I type this on my blackberry. Its gonna be around 40 tonight so I'm hopin they get up and move. Saw a BIG buck two nights ago but it got dark on me. Hope you guys are seein em.

Andy
Old 09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to hear that some of us are hunting. I will be out on Sat., as it is our season opener. Biggest one on my trail cams might go 125-130. Best one I have seen on the cameras since I started using them 4 yrs ago. If he comes by I hope to get the shot cause I wont wait!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

i was out last weekend and had 2 real nice bucks come in to about 60 yards, but then continued down the hill, ill be heading out again soon, and hopefully i can set up closer to where they are this time and get a shot.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

Glad you guys are seeing some nice deer. I've been doing quite a bit of scouting and will be hunting this weekend. I didn't get any trail cameras up this year, but I have been seeing some good deer signs. The other day I found one of the best rubs I've ever seen. The cedar tree was close to 6" in diameter and it was rubbed clean. It's pretty early in the season for that, but I'm not complaining.

By the way, thanks to everyone for coming up with the team name. Sorry I was no help at all.

I'll let you guys know if I see any good deer this weekend. Good luck to you.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for not posting much, I've been tied up a bit, and finally have had time to get back over to these boards for a while. I will be heading out for the PA opener this Saturday even though the weather looks questionable (12-15mph SSW wind and rain). I may hunt a small piece as more of a buffer/observation stand than anything.

Anyways, like the team name, and I put together an avatar (I designed a similar one for a team last year, but it wasn't used, and it just so happens it was almost completely appropriate given our name this year). Let me know what you think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.