HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300951-official-team-dead-horse-posse-thread-20-a.html)

Deerhunterpy 08-28-2009 03:23 AM

Sorry

Sorry for being late also. I was super busy with work and I didnt get a PM. I am here now and will be hunting in KS. Doug

blakefrautschi 08-28-2009 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deerhunterpy (Post 3422429)
Sorry for being late also. I was super busy with work and I didnt get a PM. I am here now and will be hunting in KS. Doug

no problems, glad you got checked in! good luck this season!

Jberryx24 08-30-2009 04:21 PM

we need a team name.. anyone have any suggestions

cburkhart 08-31-2009 06:25 PM

Checking in...

Hey guys, checking in. Sorry it took me so long. I'll be hunting mainly in SE Kansas, but hope to take a trip to North Missouri also. This is my first year in the contest and I'm ready to hunt! The KS land I usually hunt (80 acres of corn, beans, & timber) has been pretty good in the past and I just gained access to a new piece of land that is smaller, but promising (40 acres). It's got a lot of thick timber where I'm hoping some of the big boys will be hiding out. I think Kansas' season starts Sept. 21st and I am planning on being in the woods the following weekend. Sounds like you guys have some great land to hunt. Good luck to you. Looking forward to hearing some good hunting stories.

Chris

blakefrautschi 08-31-2009 07:48 PM

good to hear from you chris! only one more member to check in and thats Ruttinbucks.com!

anyone have ideas for a name?!

phil_pick 09-01-2009 09:52 AM

Hey guys, it seems like everyone makes a play on words associated with deer for their team name. I am thinking we should make a play on words with the Dark Horses, the two time defending champs. Something like "The Horse Whisperers", "Horse Head Hunters", or "The Glue Makers" and our avatar could be a white glue bottle with the Dark Horses avatar on it.
I don't have my heart set on it but it's just a thought that I would throw out there.

BigJ71 09-01-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by phil_pick (Post 3426496)
Hey guys, it seems like everyone makes a play on words associated with deer for their team name. I am thinking we should make a play on words with the Dark Horses, the two time defending champs. Something like "The Horse Whisperers", "Horse Head Hunters", or "The Glue Makers" and our avatar could be a white glue bottle with the Dark Horses avatar on it.
I don't have my heart set on it but it's just a thought that I would throw out there.

Not a bad idea and I agree we do need to come up with a name pretty soon here. I'll put some thought to it as well.

I like the idea of going after the champs though...our logo could be a horses head in a bed...no wait wrong forum, that's the "mob hit man" forum!;)

blakefrautschi 09-01-2009 01:04 PM

i was actually thinking about saying "the glue factory" or something... i like the glue puns.

MGH_PA 09-03-2009 07:31 AM

Come up with a name and I will make the avatar (no I didn't make the one I have now:action-smiley-099:), lol.

blakefrautschi 09-07-2009 05:26 PM

you guys think of any ideas over the weekend?