Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20) >

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Horse Posse thread (20)

Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

season starts october 1st
Old 08-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Phil, thats cool that you get to hunt that land, and deer like coners of fields, so i would hunt the corners, and good luck with getting one on that land!

jberry, thats not too far away! i cant wait till the 11th here.. only a few more weekends!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, should we PM or email our team mates that have yet to check in or should we give them a couple more days? I am just curious cause the season up here in WI is going to be starting soon so I would like alternates shortly if we are going to need them.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Site Bouncer

Hopefully they will check in shortly but perhaps a PM won't hurt.

I'm headed down to southern Illinois in a couple of weeks to check on both my gun stand (permanent) and do a little scouting to find locations for my bow stands. It should be a fun year, I've already seen more deer this year than last (by this time of the year). I have set up my bow stands here in the northern part of the state where I bow hunt only. They might need "tweaking" as the season goes on but they are in good locations to start with. I always like to stay flexible when it comes to stand locations.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

i pm-ed everyone yesterday.. or maybe it was the day before, anyway its done...but i have not got any replies.

we finally got our food plots finished with and its raining right now so they should be good enough to hunt over by the season.
also picked up 2 new hangons.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

also i did get a reply from Centauri and he is having to drop out of the contest this year... and i have not heard fromt the other MIA members
Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys checkin in. Sorry for the late response. I'll be hunting in Kansas this year. We have some big deer on our places. I found a set of sheds in March that I had scored right at 180 estimating the spread ofcourse. I'm really looking forward to it. I shot a nice deer last year and shot 5 does. There are some monsters on one place we have. I'll post some pics here pretty quick.

Andy
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
Hey guys checkin in. Sorry for the late response. I'll be hunting in Kansas this year. We have some big deer on our places. I found a set of sheds in March that I had scored right at 180 estimating the spread ofcourse. I'm really looking forward to it. I shot a nice deer last year and shot 5 does. There are some monsters on one place we have. I'll post some pics here pretty quick.

Andy

good to hear from you! hopefully you can get that buck on the ground this year.... only 3 more members to check in!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs

Andy
Ah ha! A fellow Turkey hunting teammate. I didn't even make the connection with the name on the list. Welcome!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I'm looking forward to this season a lot. The bow is sighted in and deadly. I have a couple of pics of some big boys already too. I passed several 125" 2 1/2 year old deer last year. I'm planting some plots for the girlfriend next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.