Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer
How is everyone else doing?
Not so hot! Been out quite a bit and have yet to see a buck and only a hand-full of does! One of the slowest years in recent memory. The standing corn around our place is killing the movement to my area. Hopin for it to pick up here the next two weeks. Bringin out the calls this weekend so maybe they'll respond to those. We'll see...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

yea same here in new york i missed another doe and caught a glimps of a giant 8 point so hoping to get a crack at him soon wish me luck
Old 10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Yesterday afternoon I had 5 doe and 1 lil basket 6 point in range. I prefer not to shoot any of the doe at this point. They are my live decoy for the big bucks when the rut kicks in.

3 hunts this year I have doe all around me " find the doe core area's and the big boys will come trolling".

Will head back out maybe tomm. if the rain is light.
Goodluck all and be safe.

Dave
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Been skunked the last two days. Rubs are appearing everywhere, but I have yet to see a doe on my property. I've seen some smaller tracks so I'm pretty sure they are around, but it's kinda got me a little worried. I would hate for the bucks to have to leave my area to chase does.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back after whitetails again this evening, filming for RJ .. have perfect weather conditions with snow on its way in the A.M. ...gonna be tight in next to a bedding area, might give a little rattling a try tonight for the first time this season, set up over the mock scrape that I killed my 4x4 on last week.

good luck everyone!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

good luck to everyone this week hunting It sounds like everyone is on a little something. I will be heading back to Alabama thursday nite to hunt the weekend. Then come home Monday and head to Indiana Wedensday for a 5 day bowhunt.. Good luck to you all Jerry
Old 10-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday afternoon, seen nothing. Went out this morning and at 7:45 am I had a spike buck walk right under my stand and walk around for ten minutes before he moved off. Will try again this afternoon.

Dave
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow Slow Slow.. sighting are WAY down from last year but the next two weeks or so should be better. If it isn't pouring rain it's been very windy and most of the time it's been both.
I will be hitting it hard and I may well just shoot any darn thing that comes along. I may have to count points after they are on the ground.
Good luck guys!!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

45 degrees out with a steady 5mph ssw wind. Great for one of my favorite stands and we never get the right wind for that tree it seems. I should be dragging in a few hours. Gots to go as it's a good hike in and even though sunrise is not until 7AM I better hit the road.
Go get them boys!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

got one down team, 5:15 halloween.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.