Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Alright went out sat & sun sat. saw nothing but there were 4 of us hunting. 1 guy shot at a small 7 pt. should of been 9 pt but messed up rack. he also saw 2 other bucks. a few does spotted by the othewrs but nothing by me. Went out sun for an all day hunt let me tell you it gets hot down here in south florida I only hunt about 70 miles from Miami. saw 3 deer in the morning with 1 of them being that messed up 7 pt. at about 50 yards. He was right behind a doe as he got farther away I gave out a doe bleat and he did turn around and come my way but wouldn't get close enough. I really don't know if he was after that doe or not. Our deer down here rut in July and early August. That's when we see the bucks quite a bit. So in the afternoon had to climb down 3 times because of our everyday thunderstorms. so I spent the last hour in a blind thinking thqat maybe I could at least sink an arrow in a pig no luck there either. The good thing is there is plenty of time left. Good luck to everyone. Jerry
Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

My season opens tomorrow, but I Monday may the earliest I can get out. I've been in the woods a bunch around the house and need to give it a little time to cool off. I'm leaving for Colorado Springs on Thursday and will be back Sunday.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Went out sat morning, mesguitoes are really bad here in WI could only take hour and half on stand. I forgot my mesh face netting
and I paid dearly.The deer are not hitting the acorns at all in my area or the beans yet, must be eating foilage and hanging out by the water. Have a riverbottom stand gonna have to try that, the temps are 79 to 83 degrees and the deer are not real active right know.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

seasons almost here i have been scouting and i saw a big 10 and the one time i dont have my camera he shows up but i also have a trail camera set up so i will have those up soon
Old 09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jjones
Killed this one this evening I will tell the story after some sleep. 153 1/4

OH YEAH! RIGHT ON JJONES U R THE MAN! WOW what a way to kick off the team lights out season! Freegin awesome velvet buck!

Guys sorry I have been mia for a week or so, my wifes sister passed away last week, lots going on, we are doing well and after this sats funeral we can put some closure on it all.

AGAIN J JONES saweet buck brother! way to go! LOVE IT
Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about your loss shed, my thoughts are with your family. Welcome back.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys how goes it? After losing my hunting property I ventured out to public land. When I pulled up at 0515 there were seven people signed in. So, that was a bust, did not even turn the truck off, just went home, changed and went to work.

Went out that same evening and 6 people were signed in. Max sign in is four. So those who signed in as five and six may get nasty letters of warning from the DNR.

I am still actively looking for new hunting land but as far nothing has popped up.

Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Dave sorry for your luck so far don't stop looking though. Do you have a pro shop or archery club in your area there maybe someone around that would love to have a hunting partner. We normally don't go hunting down here by ourself mostly has a saftey issue. On a different note we were out filling our feeders wed. nite and I finally saw my first florida panther. I can't get over how big this animal was. I have seen them on t.v. but never in the wild. Of course it was at one of the few times I go out without my camera or video camera just my luck. Have a good season. Jerry
Old 09-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss Shed.. It seems the older we get the more of it there is.
Dave.. Talk to the warden. He may be able to hook you up with a landowner with some deer damage or maybe just point you in the right direction. The warden can be your friend!!
I've also found that if you offer to help a guy out with some wood splitting or ditch digging chores that can pay off too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.