Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

That is an awesome buck way to go . My season starts on Saturday, but i have to put a doe down before I can shoot a buck(EAB). After that i will be hunting this guy

This pic is from Mid July so hopefully he grew some since then.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Are we going to have an avatar and team name?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

We are team "Lights Out". My wife made two avatars, look back through this thread and pick one guys.

Dave
Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

I've been waiting to see if there is still a 12 pt hanging around this year, but so far no luck. However, this new 9 pt is 200 yds behind the house. What do you guys think? I'm not very good at estimating age and size, but I'm guessing 3 1/2 yrs and about 125". I don't think I'd be able to let him walk without knowing something bigger isn't in the neighborhood.

On another note, I looked at last year's scorecard and The Dark Horses had 850" total. That has kinda been the average winning score the last few years. Break it down and thats 85" per person. Jjones got a great start for us by almost doubling that. With several of the pics I've seen in this thread I think we have a great chance of winning this thing.

Good luck and shoot straight!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-deer-cam-181.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Come on tuesday. Season opens and I am itching to go. After 30+ years of bow hunting I am still like a kid and can not wait to hunt !!!!!

Dave
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by firemedic_79
I've been waiting to see if there is still a 12 pt hanging around this year, but so far no luck. However, this new 9 pt is 200 yds behind the house. What do you guys think? I'm not very good at estimating age and size, but I'm guessing 3 1/2 yrs and about 125". I don't think I'd be able to let him walk without knowing something bigger isn't in the neighborhood.

On another note, I looked at last year's scorecard and The Dark Horses had 850" total. That has kinda been the average winning score the last few years. Break it down and thats 85" per person. Jjones got a great start for us by almost doubling that. With several of the pics I've seen in this thread I think we have a great chance of winning this thing.

Good luck and shoot straight!
The way I understand it is we go by gross score(I may be wrong) and that deer should easily gross 135" or bigger.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jjones
The way I understand it is we go by gross score(I may be wrong) and that deer should easily gross 135" or bigger.
You are correct, we do go by gross score. I was just pointing out what the average ends up being per person for the team. Last year there was 50 teams of 10 people and most of them had less than 4 deer entered. Even the returning champs took 3 zeros, they simply had the most entries. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting shooting a deer merely to win. Only shoot what you will be happy with. I was simply noticing the caliber of deer our team has taken in the past and already has tabs on for this season could put us over the top quite easily.

Back to my deer...here are a couple more pics, that in my opinion make him look a little smaller than the straight-on shot.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-deer-cam-161.jpg   Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-deer-cam-160.jpg  

Last edited by firemedic_79; 09-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

We could always mess with the defending champs a bit and change the deer in our avatar to a black horse. As in "Lights Out" for their reign as the archery champs.

Last edited by firemedic_79; 09-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

season starts sat. Don't have high hopes of killing a buck down here in south florida. We do see quite a few bucks but mostly small messed up racks. Last year did see 2 nice 10 pts. This have seen 1 decent 8 pt. around. Will proably wait till November when I go to indiana to hopefully get a buck. was wondering how to get our avartarto my log in any help Thanks Jerry
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know if its the easiest way, but I right clicked the avatar and saved it to my computer. Then go to your profile and click "User CP", "edit Avatar", scroll to the bottom, click "use custom avatar", then upload image from computer using the browse button (you just have to know where you saved it).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.