Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

heres the buck I shot last night.. back in Aug in velvet.. and i just copied this pix off of another post I did..
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-hvy4.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
trailcmhvy4.jpg (4.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Atta boy shed, way to go! Nice lookin deer, you gotta be pumped! I'm bad at scoring but what would you say, 120ish? No matter what that's a great deer to have in the books!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Soooo, last night I go out in the back yard to shoot the bow. first arrow dead on, second arrow dead on, third arrow I hear a tearing noise. I quickly let the bow down and once again the cable serving seperated. The authorized pro shop I used for this bear bow suxx big time. These guys could not setup a bow to save thier life.

This time the bow is going back to bear archery for repair/replacement. Man, I can not win this year. Anyone have a nice rock I can throw at the deer?

pissed and disgruntled

Dave
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Shed!! I am back home, surgery done. My mom will be coming home today. Everything is great. I have some pretty significant lift restrictions, so I'm trying to find a crossbow to finish the archery season.

I'm happy to see another deer on the Team Light's Out scorecard!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Doh, I was so upset about my bow problems I did not see that Shed downed a buck. Way to go Shed, good job bro. Once again I apologize for my oversight.

BTW, a copy of the letter my wife typed to send back with the bow to Bear Archery. Notice her jab at the end ))))) Names removed to protect the innocent.
Dave

October 19, 2009
Bear Archery
Attn: Service Department
4600 SW 41st Blvd.
Gainesville, FL 32608

Re: repair order #
Dear Sir or Madam:
I have been requested by so and so at Bear Archery Product Support to return this bow to have it examined, repaired or replaced and setup correctly with all accessories to my specifications. I request that the bow be test shot a minimum of 50 times before it is returned to me to ensure there are no reoccurring problems. I would like the bow to remain at 29 inch draw, and draw weight to be set at 63-64 lbs to help preclude any further cable / string issues.
When examining, please pay specific attention to the cable assembly flattening, and serving separation at the cam. Also, once the bow is shot, you will see that the screw holes are either stripped or misaligned causing the rest not to sit parallel with the riser. Another issue is that the quiver bracket was cracked by the dealership when installed due to over tightening.

I fully expect this bow or a new bow be returned fully setup with zero issues. Please call me at the number listed above, once the bow has been examined and a determination has been made on the repair / replacement of the bow. I would like the technician who services the bow to call me.
This bow has been returned to the dealership 3 times and all 3 times it has either a string serving break, or cable stretch issues at approximately 25 shots or less.
I will look forward to receiving my bow back no later than Thursday, Oct 22.

Sincerely,
David S
34 year Bear Archery Product Advocate
(soon to be resigned, if not resolved satisfactorily)
Catch me if you can …. cough

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 10-19-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck shed, hopefully the rest of us will be joining you soon.Havent seen nothing big enough to shoot yet, aah but the rut is starting here in wi.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

few more pix, will get him scored up today guys.. looks like a 120 ish buck...too much hunting last night got in late so havent scored the rack yet! Working on my second buck tag! This buck was a good one to break the ice for the season now its time to hunt for a hawg.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-hvy4.jpg   Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-hvy4atrest.jpg   Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-hvy4down.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

nice job shed pretty nice looking buck
Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

As soon as Shed gets his buck entered Team Lights Out will be on top once again!! It warmed up here in Missouri the last couple days - back into 70s. We had a pretty heavy frost over the weekend and cold weather. The warm weather means lots of wind and leaves are falling like crazy. The woods should be perfect if the temps drop in the next couple weeks.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go shed nice looking buck congrats to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.