Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Got a bunch of photos of this guy while I was out of town. He is coming into the food plot every night. Once was right at 7, still enough light to shoot in the open. Got a blind placed and I'm gonna give it a shot with my Osage selfbow before my surgery next week.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)-field-cam-018.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nice lookin buck medic! Good luck with'em!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Nice tall rack, Hope it comes together for you.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking buck Fire! good luck with him, Hunting season opens back up here tomorrow.. cant wait to get out there in the A.M. gonna be 16 degrees!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Going after him tonight. We've had 5 inches of rain in the last 30 hours, but it should be about finished. Temps should be dropping as well...near freezing the next 2 nights. Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday morning because it would be prime hunting.

18 degrees Shed?...Better dress warm and good luck.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys after all the problems I had with my NEW bow it finally came back repaired correctly, I hope. I just put 20 shots thru it and so far so good. I will be shooting my arms off tomm. to get this thing dialed in and ready to go.

I did find 40 acres to hunt "woohoo" finally. I am Three weeks into the season but I am confident the season is recoverable. Since I retired seven years ago and relocated back to Maryland I have never shot a buck until atleast the beginning of the 4th week of October "pre-rut". I generally let anything under a mid 120 class walk until I think I have a good feel for what is in the woods.

This is the latest in a season I have started hunting in 34 years. Guess it is time to put those 34 years of bowhunting experience to the test? I have been examining Topo's of the property for 5 days now and have a plan of action.

Tomm. I will put up 3 ladder stands in spots I believe will produce some deer sightings, I will then use my climber to be mobile to move as my deer sightings from the ladder stands dictate. Wish me luck gents, I will need it.

Dave
Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

No luck tonite. Ill try again Sunday evening.

MD...congrats on the property. Hard work can pay off and I'm sure the same hard work will pay off with a good buck. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

md congrats on finding a place good luck to you. also wishing all of you the best of luck. I would love for my buck to be the smallest of our teams 10 bucks. Best of luck and shoot straight. Jerry
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Slow going so far in my season. Rain dampend the first week here in Michigan. It's been spotty thus far and haven't really had a string of good days yet. The temps have been about as good as you could ask for. We've had frost on the ground a couple days now.

My woods are usually fairly quiet until mid to late October. We have a 40 acre lot a part of roughly 300 acres with ours being on the northeast edge of the block. The northeast edge happens to be mint while the surrounding edges are standing corn. As you can imagine we don't have too many deer eager to come fill up on the mint. Once the corn is harvested though we have pretty steady traffic.

I've also been experimenting with some new stand locations. All of my sits thus far have been on in spots that I've never sat before and have only had limited time to scout. This weekend I'm going to sit in one of my regular stands in hopes of taking a doe. Our block has been big into QDM the last 8 or so years and everyone is encouraged to take a doe before going after bucks, which is what my plan has been so far.

Good luck to everyone in your continued hunts and keep us updated!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I got several stands up this weekend. Saw alot of deer sign tracks, scat etc. Did not see any rubs then again it is a little early. Thursday and friday are suppose to be in the low 40's at night and low 50's during the day.

I think I will take those two days off and use my climber so I can learn as much as possible about this new spot. Goodluck to all.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.