Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I have already done all that. I will figure something out. Got my feelers out there and I am hopeful that something will pop up. Good luck to all of you hunting and those about to start.

5 days into the season and I have not made it into the woods yet. I am darn well determined to be successful this year, even if I have to hunt the "highly used" public land.

Dave
Old 09-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

First evening out and I got rained out. Spent about an hour in the pouring rain before I finally gave up. I'll try again later this week.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Anybody shot any does yet? Myself only been out twice nothing yet, on a good note
its gonna cool down this week , begone mesquitoes.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Alright team mates have been hunting everyday this week. Last nite hunted in the pouring rain started just to say heck with it and out comes a couple of does right in the hardest rain I have ever sat in. Didn't get a shot though to far away. Now tonite I thought I was going to be putting us up with a few more points. Had a small 6 pt coming my way and was ready to shoot when he came into the next opening only thing was he took off and ran ahead a little bit. Had to let down but still had a chance. First chance would of been 18 yards the next chance I thought was 30 yards. So here he comes and I draw waiting for him to hit the opening already thinking about if he takes 1 more step I got to stop him. Well he takes that 1 step and stops broadside. I let it go and go right though him. Pretty happy right now. Wait a little while and then go to find my arrow find it and it's full of guts hit a little back. wait for my buddy to finish his hunt to try track him. got on a not so great blood trail but was pretty easy for a little while find a spot where he must of stopped and now can't find where he went so no recovery yet. Will be going out in the morning to look again. Pretty disipointed right now I'm sure the meat will be spoiled by morning down here it's hot lows tonite in the mid 70's. will let you know if we can count him tomorrow after I get back. Jerry
Old 09-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Jerry!! Good luck in finding your deer and I know it's dead it's just WHERE is it! Rally the troops and just give it the best attempt you can.

I hope this AM's news is good news.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Alright there fellow team mates found him without much trouble this morning. Not a graint buck but give Team Lights Out another 82 2/8. Now I just got to figure out how to post these darn pictures. If anyone has any knowledge about this please help me.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Okay trying the photo thing again. Wish me luck. thats the exit wound Hit him a little low and far back. I thought the shot was 30 yards but was actully 38 yds. here are a couple of other pics. I will be posting it in the score card soon thanks JerryAnd last photo with me in it.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job okee, way to hang in there.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Okee! I know how you felt. I've lost a few after thinking you made a good shot. However, the important thing is you found him. Your pic looks like he was a 7 pt before he broke a brow tine. Every deer is a trophy in archery. Great job.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS OKEE

GREAT JOB, WAY STAY WITH IT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.