Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not seeing 130 inch deer but I'm looking. Checked on a stand yesterday and someone had cut the seat up and stolen the steps. Landowner says I'm the only guy in there so it's a mystery. The maggot must have been a BOZO though because the stand wasn't even locked to the tree. The chain was just draped over the seat...

The sad thing is I'm betting it was a brother in the woods and not a PETA member. I was gonna put up a camera and try to catch him but the deed looks old and do I really WANT to catch him..
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I know how you feel Planter. I had a stand stolen 2 years in a row off private land. The second one was a job because I had cable locked the stand and climbing stick seperately. Whoever it was spent some time doing it because they drank a 6 pack of beer and left the cans behind.

I hope nobody takes your camera too...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Okay got avatar changed thanks firemedic also still waiting for jj's story on that nice buck he scored for the team
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Jjones,

Have you submitted the photo and scorecard measurements of your deer to Rob yet?

BTW- Did your friend from out of state do any good?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, my hunting spot has been sold. I have been asking every land owner all over and can not get permission to hunt. I have decided if I can not secure hunting privledges by 1 Oct then I will drop from the contest.

Team 36 is off to a great start and I do not want to be the limiting factor with having to hunt "the highly poached public land in my area". If you all decide I should drop now so you can pick up a replacement I fully understand.

Dave
Old 09-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your not going anywhere Dave!!! Your gonna ride it out with the rest of us. Keep looking for spots and don't be afraid of small ones. 10 acres in the right place is plenty. I live and hunt within 20 miles of Boston so I sure know what it's like to find places to hunt.

There are no prizes for winning the rewards are having fun. Just so you know Dave there were a lot of teams last season who were off to a "great" start" and still lost.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

No quitting! Hunt where ever and whatever you can find. Like Planter said, small spots can produce. A few years ago I harvested a 10 pt in the back of my subdivision. It was about 15 acres that had been cleared to build an additional 80 homes. I got permission to hunt it and arrowed a buck that used the fenceline to move into the neighboring property. My 20 acres at home is a transition area as well as deer move from a area to another.

This contest is for fun. The best part is meeting new people, sharing stories, ideas and comaraderie. Your a member of Team Lights Out!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Start a thread on this forum and explain your situation. I have been invited by previous team/forum members to come hunt with them. Never know, someone with plenty of property in MD may tell you to come hunt.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

If you haven't seen, the score card is up and jjones' buck has been posted....still waiting to hear that story.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys. I hunted all day on opening day, putting about 14 hours in on stand. Saw 3 bucks, but I'm in A EAB zone so if I don't get a doe I can take a buck after Oct. 2nd. Going out again tomorrow for an afternoon hunt. How's everyone else doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.