Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crenth....nice work! Wow man...those are both incredible bucks!

Man...you guys out there have it made. At least you have a chance at a big one every time you go out. I've hunted pretty hard for 25yrs, and never seen one even close to the size of the smaller on in your truck, much less two like that running together. Great job, congrats to you guys!

I made it out this evening....had 4 come by, 3 does and a very small spike. I was hoping a shooter would show, but again he didn't. I'll keep at it. Heard 8 gunshots this evening the last two hours. Gun goes till Jan 2 here...9 weeks total. I hope there are some nice ones left, LOL.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Crenth, to you and your dad

The ORANGE ARMY IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i made it though the rifle season without using all three of my tags. i did use one doe tag. I have the 2nd Archery season that starts on 12/26/09 til 01/09/10.

i hope i can kill a buck or atleast a Doe. My wife asked me yesterday what was wrong with the great hunter that i didn't kill a deer with my bow. Its been 8/9 years since i didnt kill a deer with my bow. She doesn't like hunting and that i spend so much time doing it i think its the later, that i spend so much time in the woods. OH well (KMA)

Anyone have any idea or hints for the late season??????

i know food sorces, not to much here now, We get 200+ inches of snow we are on our way with that now!!!!

THANKS CHRIS
Old 12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...anyone still hunting? I was supposed to head to our place in WV the other day, but the storm came and wrecked those plans. We got 20". On a positive note...I have a pretty good feeling that we'll have snow on the ground for the next couple weeks now! Its been a while since I've been able to bowhunt in the snow. I'm gonna try to get out some the next couple weeks...I know my chances are slim to get the deer I'm after, but you never know! At least I should be able to get some good late season scouting in.

Good luck to those still hunting!

Mike
Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, we got bout 15" of snow over the weekend, now that gun season is over and I'm off work for the holidays I hope to get out for a hunt or two. I'll let you know what happens
Old 01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I made it out yesterday on a afternoon hunt. i went directly behind the house and i knew it was going to be at last light that i would see the deer coming to the field. i had about 10 minutes left when i saw 4 does and a small buck coing my way. and about 10 minutes before that the wind had changed on me, i should have picked a better tree. as i am putting tention on the string to shot the first deer a doe, she stopped and sniffed and then bolted back the way she came, taking everyone else with her. the wind was blowing out of the south west and it changed to the south / southeast. I'm confident that i stick something here on Sat afternoon / night or Mon or tues, I'm off mon and Tues. i hope a buck comes by (legal)(4 points on one side)

i think i'll move to a different spot for that wind next time. (stupid Me)

Good luck to everyone still hunting
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Good to hear you're still at it PA.
I've still been at it myself. I've had a number of deer in range the past few weeks, but mostly does, fawn's and dinks. I did have a shooter 10 ptr who hung out in some brush about 35yds out one evening a few weeks ago, until I lost my shooting light. I think if I had another 20 min he might have fed in range. He was with two other two mature bucks (an 8 and a (shed?) 4x0) who all spooked when I had to come down - haven't seen any of them since.

Next doe in range gets it...

-fsh
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Well my season is officially over this past Sat. Had a good season in many aspects...like getting a decent amount of time to hunt, spending time with my kids, my son getting a buck and doe, my daughter being on her first "kill" with me, and I have a full freezer. I did shoot a couple does with a gun, so that was cool.

In other aspects, it wasn't so good. In fact it was the worst bow season I've had in probably 15yrs overall. I only saw a small handful of bucks while on stand, and not even 1 glimpse of a shooter. I ended up passing several smaller bucks and about a half dozen does. It was one of those murphy type seasons too....everytime I didn't want to kill a doe they came by -- when I set out to kill a doe, I didn't get the opportunity. LOL, tag soup again. Oh well, it is what it is. That just means that next year is most likely gonna be better than this year! I've enjoyed being on the team with you guys...wish I could have added some points for the team though. Good luck to anyone still hunting...would be nice to see someone drum up a late season kill.

Mike
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

The men of iron have gone home, and bucks are starting to move again. I had a nice 8 feeding in a clover field just 60 yds away today at sunset, and consistent with my luck this year, he fed away from me. Here is a pic of the buck from several days ago.

Anyone else hunting?

-fsh

Old 01-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

This season has been so frustrating for me this year. i had high hopes. several Bucks were shot during gun season were i hunt, not me thou.

i screwed up on a couple of Does this year, ( ) and i had plans of hunting the last Sat (1/9/10) and work got in the way. I had to assist in an investigation of an elderly man accidentally shooting himself in the calf on Sat the 9th of Jan. i was able to get home at around 5pm and quiting time was 515pm. I still had to jump into my hunting close and hike the 400 to 500 yards to the spot behind my house. i knew it wouldn't make it in time, so i didnt go. there is always next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the year to come!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Only recent buck was a small 4X0 a couple of evenings ago - he had dropped its right tine. Time is running out as I've heard of more than one "big" doe that turned out to be a shed buck. No doubt about this big doe yesterday afternoon - just a training track for Ruby as the doe only went 100 yds (xx-lunged).

Ruby and I spent two hours this morning trying to catch up with a doe a friend shot yesterday evening. Not a fatal hit(?), we got the doe up once and kept after it for about 3/4 mile before giving up.

-fsh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.