Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 11-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Well Guys I have been out hunting quite a bit and I am not seeing anything. I saw one decent buck Sunday morning but that is it. I have been talking with alot of people and the number of deer killed are way down. With all of the rain their are alot of crops still up and the deer are staying in the corn. I am hoping that it will pick up soon but I am not sure. This is one of the worst years I have had as far as seeing deer. I think that if the crops go the deer will pick up and the rut is just around the corner.

Good luck to all and be safe.

William
Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all, I was out all day friday and sunday eve. Didnt hunt sat due to the warm weather and rain, plus I wanted to take my daughter tricker treating.

Saw a ton of deer friday eve, mostly does, had one young 7pt chasin a doe... I have a new shooter coming to my camera, probably a 130" 10 pt, he's similar to the other 10pt I've posted pics of, only about 2-4" taller all around and 6" longer beams, maybe about 1-2" wider, he does have some nice brow tines probably 6" each. Figures he came by my food plot friday morn at daybreak when I was hunting the other farm!!

I'm going down to VA to hunt this weekend, it's muzzleloader there, but I'm taking both the ML and the Bow, so I'll keep yall posted. Good luck, from what I'm seeing the rut is about to break open.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys, its time for someone to put some more bone on the ground. ILL's buck is keeping us in the top 10, but barely!

I'm going to give it my best in the next two weeks, fingers crossed that I score on a huge one!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't take it anymore!!! I've been slow at work this week and can't stop thinking bout hunting! So I took the afternoon off at work for a quick evening hunt

I'll let you know what unfolds!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I leave next tuesday for Illinois for a week of hunting, its not looking good at tagging a buck here in Maine, i haven't even seen one yet this year.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen 8 bucks in the past three days, but none of the big ones... bucks are chasing does around here. I've been out in the morning and evening, but all the action is in the afternoon. Today, I had a nice doe 12 yds broadside - but she kept looking at her backtrail, and I had to give her a pass. A wide 7 ptr came along about 10 min later - nope, he needs another year or two...

I'm off to VA to fall turkey hunt tomorrow morning, but hope I nail a bird early so I can get back into the deer stand. Great time to be in the woods...

-fsh
Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Its been a tuff season so far for me, from being able to hunt just part of the first day due to wedding Annv., then my mother who lives with my family and I, she had a small heart attack. and spent a week in the hospital. i think i hunted 2/3 times the first 10 days. I should have shot a doe on the first day but as she headed to PT i turned and was looking in another direction, and when i turned around to answer my Cell virb from PT telling me the Doe he saw. She saw me move and busted and ran. After that i had a shot a 40Lb fawn, couldn't do it. I set up a scrape and i hadn't seen any thing in it then yesterday i saw tracks and poooop. i didn't see anything yesterday in or around the scrape except 2 amish turkey hunters. This mourning found me up in a tree again 15 yards from this scrape. i didn't see anything until 830am when i had an amish bow hunter slip around me. then 10 min later i heard a noise from the oppisitee direction from the other hunter and i saw the buck that has been visiting my scrape. A 7 point with about a 10 spread (outside)(Monster he ha) he freshed up the other scrape that i put in yesterday. then he came by my stand at 2 yards, it was cool he had been rubbing something because he had weeds or a small tree in/ on his horns, around his base and brow tine. That made my year!!!!!!!!!

i thought about killing him??? i might regret that !!!!!!!

maybe 70 -80 inches

neat little buck
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great experience w/ that buck MathewsPA!!

Andy - Thats great about seeing so many bucks lately, looks like I could be timing my trip down just about right! Make sure you locate a big one for me

I only saw one doe last night, the full moon must have hurt me.. oh well...

I'll be out hunting all day thurs-sat... I need to score
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, guys...share some of the action with me! Man...I was out this morning - it was 30deg, no wind, crunchy leaves, sunny....NOTHING. I barely saw a squirrel. I don't get it...I guess its the moon, but this is REALLY slow for here. I usually at least see deer. Heck, I didn't even hear one! I know it will pick up...but man it can't get here soon enough. I've sat in 3 of the best spots I have my last 3 sits, and basically been blanked. Maybe next week will be the week. I talked to another neighbor last night...he said they weren't seeing much either on his 175ac. Man it makes you feel like you suck!

I know it will pick up...looking forward to it. Especially with all the kill threads everyone is posting...its killing me! LOL

Good luck guys...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I Went to what i call the Farm this mourning, well i do a little rattleing first off, waited 10 min so rattled again, nothing so i pull out the can call. I turn it upside down 3/4 times and this 5 pt came RUNNING down to me. hE WAS 18 YARDS AWAY. he walks off and out the same area that he walked to a few min later a 5/6 pt gave chased to a doe they hung around for almost an hour. Not sure if it was the same buck or not. He wouldn't let her go up the hill side.

its getting better everyday now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait til tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't got out tonight MOM has DR app with a Lung DR.

Last edited by MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER; 11-05-2009 at 05:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.