Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

fsh - nice close call you'll get em soon!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a nice buck chasing a doe last night. Its about to break here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

I got a call on the stand yesterday afternoon that my friend Rick hit a nice buck; Rick was hunting in a nearby woodlot (the big bucks are on the move!!). Three of us didn't find single drop of blood after looking for almost 2 hours last night. Rick and I met at 0700 this morning to do a grid search, and it didn't take us long to find him, a 19" 5x5 with a sticker and a half. He had reversed course - didn't make it 100yds, but they can be hard to find if you look in the wrong spot, lol.

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 10-20-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is a nice one for sure! Congrats to your friend fsh!

And good effort on the close call! I'm sure it will come together for you soon. Man I can't even imagine seeing a buck like that (or the one you described)...we just don't have em here, unfortunately. 110" is a real good one in my area.

I went out for an hour last night, and 3 this morning. Saw 1 doe with 2 fawns today, thats it. I figured it would be a great morning...32, clear and no wind, but there wasn't much moving. Didn't have a shot on the doe, they were around 50yds. Hoping to get out later in the week.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted a funnel tonight and had a camera set up over a mock scrape that was just 15yds from my stand. First visitor was a nice doe that tempted me:

I gave her a pass. Then a doe came running into the area and I heard grunts from a pursuing buck. An 8 ptr showed up and visited the scrape - I'd like to see him again in a few years...

-fsh
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Typical Buck

Nice track Job!!!!!!!!
fsh tell your friend Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck FSH! Save at least one nice one for me!!!

I'm leaving work early today to hunt the farm where I've got photos of that 10 pt. A good WSW wind will be perfect for my tree. I haven't hunted this farm yet, so it could be good!!! In reality though I dont think I'll score tonight, I'm going to a place where I can see how the 10pt is traveling to our pastures, so this is more of an observation hunt... though you never know...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I didnt see the 10pt, the warm weather must have held them down some. I almost took a shot at a nice doe, but it was early in the evening and warm out so I held off. Then a young buck came by while she was there and chased her hard. Not the normal dogging you see in pre-rut. But outright chase, this is a really good sign! I guess we could see the rut early this year????
Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Ed
I think the cool weather helped with all the chasing action everyone is seeing around here. My partner had two nice shooters chasing a doe near him yesterday morning - I was about 150 yds away in a travel corridor and didn't see a thing.

Good luck with the 10 ptr - get a few does under your belt so you're not behind the curve for the bonus buck down here, lol...

-fsh
Old 10-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you're getting close to getting one Andy! Good luck out there!

It's early muzzleloader season here in MD but I think I'll be using my bow anyway... I plan to be out all day tomorrow despite the potential rain...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, sick of the rain! It just alwasys seems to line up with the days I have to hunt, LOL

Its already started here....very light right now, but supposed to get heavier and rain all weekend. Gonna go out this evening anyhow, and hopefully tomorrow as well. Good luck guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.