Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry i haven't been on in awhile cuttin splitin stackin fire wood for winter, not to mention kid flag football games , and oh yea workin afternoons alot lately.

i was able to spot abig buck with the spotlight tonight, not in the area i hunt though. but it sure does get the blood pumping. sorry no pics he didn't stick around very long for me to get a pic

i got a my son a new bow for his birthday,

a mission menace
30 -50 lbs
17 to 30 inch draw length.

18 inch draw length
30 lbs draw
Old 09-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Guys
I'll have a new weapon to try for tracking deer this season. The wife and I bought a wirehair dachshund with a strong background of bloodtrailing parents and grandparents. Ruby is 9 months old, and we've been training her since last Feb with frozen deer blood and frozen deer legs collected last season.

The only grief is when a blood trail is fresh, she gets over-eager and will overrun the scent and lose the trail. When the scent has mellowed out over 24 hours, she follows it at a slow walk. I have my hopes she'll work out on the real thing. I have done volunteer tracking on the local Navy Base for 20 yrs, and there were many times we wished we had a skilled dog...

-fsh
Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings to team 10.

I just wanted to drop in and say hi to my friend and former teammate fshafly2. When he drops the string everyone will feel the tremors of the buck that smacks the ground...it will be a good one you can count on that!

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is a serious contender to unseat that Deadhorse...er...I mean that Darkhorse team.

Good luck guys...Not that you need it.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with the dog there fshafly, PA that is not legall to use, i would love for the PA Game Commission to allow that to happen but i dought it seriously
Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
Need some help on this buck, looks like a decent 9 pt. I'm gonna guess a 2.5 yr old, but he's tempting. Whats a guess at his score??

Think he'll break 115?
Attached Thumbnails Official Team X Factor Thread (10)-9pt.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Ed
I'd guess in 110 class, but velvet throws me off . We'll find our for sure when you get him - just make sure you have a buck tag when you make your way down to my farm .

-fsh
Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fshafly2
Ed
I'd guess in 110 class, but velvet throws me off . We'll find our for sure when you get him - just make sure you have a buck tag when you make your way down to my farm .

-fsh

Yea I think he'll be around 110 as well... so I'll have to do my best to let him walk.

I hope getting a 2nd buck tag is a problem by the time i get down to your place

BTW - I got this pic over some Acorn Rage, the deer tore it up, I had 300 pics in just the first few days over it... I plan on getting some more of it.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

yesteday was my first day in the stand. No luck but many more days ahead.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dmen
yesteday was my first day in the stand. No luck but many more days ahead.
Lucky you, I cant wait to get in the stand, I think the earliest will be friday...

Good luck next time!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to those that already started...I don't start till early Oct. Hopefully someone can get us on the board!

Ed, I think that deer is probably around 100", and probably a 2.5.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.