Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

Nice avatar!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Typical Buck

Ed, I think you have a great buck their, I look forward to you sitting behind him this fall.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure on the points, thats the best photo I have of him... I think he may be a main frame 10?!?, or like you said FSH 11 (5 x 6). His left side looks like it's got one more tine than the right, but it could just be the angle, I hope to get better photos soon... I'm so pumped now!

Unfortunately I moved my camera about 400 yrds before I saw this pic, I hope it helps me pin-point its travel route. But I think I went the wrong direction.. However this is on a farm that doesn't get much bowhunting pressure, but is gun hunted heavily. I hope to nail him before the early muzzle loader, i didnt expect much out of that farm this year cause we had a huge blue tounge/EHD kill 2 yrs ago (80% of herd), and the deer are just starting to make a comeback there, so its a nice bonus! Thankfully all the deer look healthy this year!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Ed I am not good at judgeing but he in a nice one!!!! I would be pumped to. I wish I had some cameras to put out just don't have the money for them right now. I am getting more and more pumped about this season amd still have a month to go. Ed good luck on connecting with him this fall.

William
Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's everybody doing for labor day weekend?? I'll be on the water most of it, catchin crabs tomorrow and sat. Just finished my keg-o-rator last night so we'll be working on a keg while eatin crabs! I'm excited!

Should be getting to my cams on monday, I'll be sure to post anything exciting! Then it's just one week till opening day...

I'll confess, I've only shot my bow once in the last month! I hope to get shooting this weekend then 3-4 more times before the season...
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Ed
It pangs me to think of crabs, we used to chicken-neck a lot. I ended up in the emergency room twice ~8 yrs ago because of "Old Bay" seasoning. First time I thought it was crabs, the second time I found out it was the seasoning when I ate fish. I can still eat crabs, but it's just not the same without "Old Bay", so I do without...

Saturday, I'll be teaching the MD Hunter Safety Class. We have 35 students, about 1/4 of them female - a trend that bodes well for the future of hunting.

We had a good dove hunt on my farm opening day and I'll be out there Monday afternoon gunning for another dinner, ummmmm. I've eaten just about every game meat from caribou to bear, and dove is at the top of the list .

Good luck with the crabbing , and shake the cobwebs off that bow .

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 09-03-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks FSH, I'll be sure to do plenty of shooting. I've been shooting my same setup for 5 yrs now, and when I shot about 2 weeks ago I was getting 6" groups at 50yds, so I still feel plenty confident, considering I dont shoot much past 35 on game. I still need the practice!

If your still interested in getting together for a hunt one weekend let me know. I usually get every other friday off, so I could come down on a thurs eve. to hunt friday. I'd love to try out other parts of the state, and you'd be welcome in my neck of the woods.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Love the avatar
Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks fsh for the avatar
Old 09-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Fork Horn

Ed good luck on the crabs sounds really good to me I love seafood. I have been shooting the boe quite a bit and the groups just get tighter which is good. I went out to the woods yesterday and put up a 22 foot ladder stand and have to go back and move another stand to a diffrent location but I am excited to say the least. I also have to get out in a diffrernt patch of woods to get everything ready there alot of work left to do and the time is going quick.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend.

William

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.