HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team X Factor Thread (10) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300948-official-team-x-factor-thread-10-a.html)

crenth 08-19-2009 03:04 AM

crenth checking in....Hunting in Southern Illinois.....Clinton & Washington County and maybe some public parks too

I'm 24 and will be getting married on October 3rd so my first hunt will be October 13th, the day after I get back from my honeymoon. I'm also getting ready to start building a house. It's my first year in this so I'm pretty excited.

HuntingEd 08-19-2009 12:37 PM

Hey guys, I've updated the list so far, any thoughts for names?

FSH started another thread, I'll ask either him or Rob to delete it....

fshafly2 08-19-2009 12:55 PM

Hey Ed - I tried to delete my "10" thread - anyway I edited it to noise and will get Rob to finish it.

I am in So MD and have some good prospects this year (which didn't help me last year).

Good luck everyone!

-fsh

WV Hunter 08-19-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TJF (Post 3412118)
Mike

Good luck to you and the family hunting this year. Last year you guys had a great year... I hope it goes good again this year.

Tim

Thanks Tim....good luck to you guys as well! Mabye one of these years we'll get on the same team! :biggrin:

Hey guys....regarding a name, I do kinda like "The Perfect 10".... maybe its the deer we're gonna get...maybe its us! :rock:Good suggestion Ed!

I'll be hunting in both WV and VA this year as usual. We don't have too many big bucks where I hunt. We have alot of deer and a good one is in the 100" -110" range, and sometimes you bump into one a little bigger. I was after one last year around 115"....saw him the last day of early archery right at dark (too far for a shot). Never saw him again until the very last day of the season in Jan. He came right in around 4pm....and stood there at 25yds for 15 minutes. I could have whacked him a hundred times - but he had shed both horns already. :(

At least I know he made it through the season. If he avoided the roadhunters and cars, hopefully I'll get a chance at him. He traveled the exact same trail both times I saw him....and I have a stand waiting :biggrin:

I haven't had much time to scout this year yet. My son is 11 and very into sports...it consumes alot of our time. We just finished all star travel baseball 2 weeks ago, and this week football started. I did get him a new bow (Diamond Razor Edge) and so we are gonna try to get him bowhunting this year hopefully. Looking forward to a good season hopefully....and I pray I can connect with a nice buck this year with my bow. I won't shoot a small one, so most of the time I end up just getting does. Hopefully this year things are gonna change! :biggrin:

Good luck everyone....looks like we have a decent team shaping up - I know alot of you by name from over the years, lets have a good showing!

God Bless

Mike

hoosierhunter43 08-20-2009 09:20 AM

Hey guys just checking in sorry it took awhile before I got checked in. My name is William and I live and hunt in Indiana. I am 28 years old married and have 2 daughters and a 3 child on the way. I have not been on the site for awhile but was in the first contest on the winning team. That year I shot a pretty nice one scored 138 and 3/8 and it was a perfect ten point. I am an Indiana State Trooper by trade so sometimes I don't get to get on the computer as much as I would like but I am excited to get to know the rest of you and looking forward to a great season. I also shot a pretty nice one last year scored 125 and was a pretty nice 8 point. I will be on just about everyday to check in good luck to all this season.

William

crenth 08-20-2009 02:01 PM

How about:

The Chosen 10
The Dime Squad
Team Dime Time
The Enligh"Ten"ed Bunch
The "Ten"acious Gang (Batch, Pack, Guild)
The Tenth Degree
The Tenth Dimension

fshafly2 08-20-2009 02:44 PM

Good suggestions crenth.
The Dime Squad works for me. I also like Perfect 10.

How about "The 10'ers" just so I can say I tried to contribute, lol...

-fsh

HuntingEd 08-20-2009 03:50 PM

Glad to see almost all checked in!

mahoningbuck 08-20-2009 04:56 PM

Wow you guys check in fast! Ed, good luck this year since we gave it a good one last year!

crenth 08-20-2009 07:25 PM

So I have an idea which is funny but also kind of cool. We should call ourselves THE NIMROD'S. Look it up and it means skillful hunter. or THE GREAT NIMROD'S, THE ILLUSTRIOUS NIMROD'S, etc.