Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Widow Makers Thread (28) >

Official Team The Widow Makers Thread (28)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Widow Makers Thread (28)

Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

October Lull

I hunted four days straight, tried everything. Seen 3 deer, an 8pt. came under the stand but he was only 2 1/2 yrs. I got to look at the trail cam I had up, there was 6 different bucks but only one possible shooter "a mid 130's 8 pt." In the last 10 years that was the worst stretch of hunting I have had at that piece of land.

I hope this is only the calm before the storm, next time down Nov. 7th, I bet things will be different.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I got out yesterday, saw nothing from stand in the morning. and got out of the tree by 1015am. was quietly walking to another stand to make a mock scrape when i saw three deer. I got within what I thought was 35 yards. and let it fly, came up short,turned out to be 45 yards. but went out for a evening hunt from another stand, and at 5pm they were coming right to me. double lung shot by 515pm , doe number 2 is down!! now I can concentrate on the bucks!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job!

Fresh t-loins are allways good.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go!!! I'm hoping to have some luck in the morning myself. It's been a while since I've been out, mainly because of vacation and rain. Lets see what I can do tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Just got back from this mornings hunt and what a beautiful morning. I decided to hunt a new part of the woods this morning, I always go by it when I hit my usual spots, but today I went 100 yards from my truck, I could see the cars going up and down the road all morning. I'm in a poplar ridge with an old orchard about 50 yards to my right. At about 7am, I see 3 doe in the orchard and they move in behind me. At 7:30 my phone rings, it was my brother going to drop off his shed key in case i shot something ( he was going to leave it on the bumper of my truck). No sooner do I hang up, here comes a lonely doe walking the edge of the orchard. If she stays in the orchard she will be out of range, then she starts walking into the woods. At about 30 yards I draw back, I only have one lane left before the bushes start up and then I'll never get a shot. SO i mouth grunt she doesn't respond right away, her head reached the bush and as I let the arrow fly it just gets there before she walks behind the bush. Knock disappears about an inch or 2 behind her shoulder, she takes off like a bat out of hell with her tail tucked, while crashing through everything in sight. I get down and meet my brother 5 minutes later at my truck. She ran 60 yards, probably only lived about a minute after the hit. Sorry no bucks, but I'll take a nice Doe for the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Widow Makers Thread (28)-deer09.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Kreagerm

A little meat for the freezer is always good, don't let the phone screw you up when the big boy is coming in!!!!! Last year someone hunting my place had the phone ring when one was coming in and it ran off in an instant, I can't believe he told me because I gave him hell the rest of the weekend.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

I always carry my phone just incase of an emergency or my hunting buddies can text or call to check in.

I make sure it's on vibrate before leaving to go into the woods
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, so it looks like the best time for hunting is just beginning around my way. Friend of mine rattled in 7 bucks. Well I'm headed out in the morning with horns and lure in hand. Going to the oak flats this time. I'll let you guys know how I do.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Good Luck

In my area all anyone is seeing is small bucks. No one is really even seeing does.
Good luck to everyone the chase should be in full swing by Nov. 4th. They are saying that the crops are about a month behind, it will definetly effect the hunters.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I got out ,but weather was a drag, and I got skunked, congrats kreagerm on the doe!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.