Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34) >

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Old 11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry team I let you guys down today. I had a nice buck broadside at 22yds this morning and missed. I went home immediately after and shot my bow and I think I figured out the problem. The bar that helps hold tension on the string was turned the wrong way and it was allowing my fletchings to hit the strings. My second shot the bar actually came out, so that is really what tipped me off, because I then realized that the bar was suppose to be turned so the arrow could sail through without hitting anything. I am shooting consistently now. I hope the next encounter goes better. Luckily I have the week off so I should get more opportunitys, I hope.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys i put another score on the board for us tonight. I will get the pictures and story posted up tomorrow. Its a big mainframe 6 pointer but has 3 kickers and i rough scored it tonight at around 110 but ill get it scored better tomorrow. Not bad for a public land PA buck and he has a lot of character. I got a picture of him on trail cam over the weekend and immediately wanted to shoot him because of the stickers and his one brow tine. I believe he is a 4.5 year old so its always good to put a mature buck down with the bow.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got the story for my buck posted on the bowhunting forum. He scored 113 7/8. I will get the score posted up on the score board in a couple minutes. Heres a picture and a link to the story with more pictures as well.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...buck-down.html

Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

That's awesome, Congrats on killing a buck in Pa! I have been hunting more in ohio because the buck I was after went MIA as soon as the season started. The good news now is I moved my cam around and have found his new travel path and after a few more location changes i have found where he is travelling during first light, the bad thing is now trying to get time off work to hunt him. I will post pics if all goes well this weekend.

BTW, that buck looks like a good sized body buck for public lands, the average buck on public lands in my area rarely exceeds 160 pounds. Acorns are treating them good this year.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
BTW, that buck looks like a good sized body buck for public lands, the average buck on public lands in my area rarely exceeds 160 pounds. Acorns are treating them good this year.
Yeah he was a big deer. The butcher figured him to be 175 dressed and that went right along with my guess of 180. I was hunting an area with corn and soybean fields so he was definitely eating his share.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a good sized 6pointer. Way to go!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bad luck continues for the Buckchaser. (long story short)I got up in the tree all sweaty, I bundled up, I warmed up, I nodded off, I woke up and the buck of my dreams was walking behind me. By the time I got to my bow he was already too far and he refused to come back. I had a small fork horn come in too.
I hope you guys don't kick me off the team. My bad luck has to turn here sometime I hope.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job man. Just came home for a day or two, had to make the wife happy. Ill be heading back up tomorow morn. Tough hunting almost 70 hrs on stand last week and 1 deer a real nice 8 point, 120' ish. That was the only deer i saw. The rut is right here going to get tough here in a couple days. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I'm finally back up and running. Had to buy a new computer and all the things that that involves. Been hunting hard. My son missed an opp. at a nice one Saturday. Inexperience played a key role. Supposed to rain for the next 2 days, then it's all day hunting for the next few days. The rut is ramping up here, scrapes and rubs are appearing daily. Now that I am up and running I will see about uploading some trail cam pics of the few that I am after. Good luck and shoot straight.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

nctaxi good to see you back on here. interested in seeing the bucks your after.

good luck everyone, its certainly a good time to be out in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.