Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34) >

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Old 09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

We have early doe starting Sept 17 - 22 that will take some of the edge off for me until Oct 1
Old 09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow season in Wisconsin opens in 5days, Sept.12, unfortunately for me I'll be working this weekend. Hopefully I won't be working the following Sunday. It will probably rain that day. It's suppose to be an 8 week job, so it should be done around Nov.1.(that would be awesome) I hate only having Sundays, but one day is better than none. Anyway enough of my complaining. Just go out and cherish the time you get. GOOD LUCK TEAM!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by clos21
We have early doe starting Sept 17 - 22 that will take some of the edge off for me until Oct 1
Yea we got it here, but im not gonna hunt it. I feel its too hot to properly take care of the meat. If that week is really cool then I might hunt it.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

4evrhtn, where in central pennsylvania do you live? I live in eastern pennsylvania but go to school at penn state and am planning on doing some bowhunting out here this year.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Typical Buck

I live 45 mins NE of Harrisburg, and 45 mins south of Scranton Pa. about 10 mins from Interstate 81. I have private land that I've been managing for a couple years now, actually ever since HR has been implemented in Pa. I have one buck that I estimate is mid to higher 120's and a few younger ones with great potential. My plan is to hunt our lease in Ohio the first week and check our cams to see what we have on the property. Then I'll decide on whether or not to take the Pa buck or just take out a doe or 2 for this year in Pa and go after a buck in Ohio if I see a bigger one there. It's our first year on this new lease and we didn't get enough time to be set up like I prefer. Next Spring we will do all the food plot work that we didn't get a chance to do this year and I'll have a better idea of the deer's patterns and what deer are on the property.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tmontgo1
Yea we got it here, but im not gonna hunt it. I feel its too hot to properly take care of the meat. If that week is really cool then I might hunt it.
I know what you mean but it has been getting cooler here. So i think i will go out take a couple of does then i can sit on a buck for the rest of the season.............
Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by clos21
I know what you mean but it has been getting cooler here. So i think i will go out take a couple of does then i can sit on a buck for the rest of the season.............
My buddy inherited a butcher shop from his grandpa so Im trying to get him down there to work on the the motors for the cooler. If i can get that then I will be definately stickin some does. lol. Hey by the way does anyone know how to make the avatar for the team.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Hey by the way does anyone know how to make the avatar for the team.
I am of no help here, sorry.

I was wondering how many guys on our team manage property for whitetails?
How many deer hunt on Private lands only. How many deer hunt on public lands only?
How many have set a size requirement above and beyond what your Game Managment Authority mandates?

For me, I deer hunt in Pa solely on private land because there are few deer anywhere else.
For Pa, I have an antler restriction of 125" or bigger for buck on the land I manage. Except when a buck which is smaller needs to be taken out for genetic reasons or injury.
For Ohio, I set that minimum at 130" for this year but that will increase with more years spent on this property.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy inherited a butcher shop from his grandpa so Im trying to get him down there to work on the the motors for the cooler. If i can get that then I will be definately stickin some does. lol. Hey by the way does anyone know how to make the avatar for the team.

My freezer is empty i have plenty of room for a couple of doe's
Old 09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

well guys i finally got my 2008 buck mounted up there are more pics in the bowhunting forum if you want to see them here is the link http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...buck-back.html
Attached Thumbnails Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)-my-taxidermy-2009-059.jpg  

Last edited by CAMPFOURCORNERS; 09-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.