Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34) >

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)

Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I was soooo close to getting a shot at a nice 9 or 10pt. tonite. He had to take three more steps and look away and I would have taken my shot. He was about 15yds. out. Eventually he did take those three steps, only problem was while he was taking them steps his eyes were glued right on me. He did a quick half circle around me and fled. It was probably good I didn't get a shot because it's been raining since 5:30 tonite and he didn't come out until 10 minutes before dark. That was the closest I have came to getting a shot at a mature buck in a long time. Now that was exciting.
I also saw a doe with a pair of fawns, a fork buck, a buck with 4 on one side and 1 on the other, and a 2.5yr.old 8pt.
The worst part about the nite was the fact that I got busted three times tonite. Once by the fawns, once by the fork, and once by the ten. I have been doing so good too. I guess sitting up against a birch tree is not a good idea. Problem is I don't have many options around this field. Trees are far and few between and they are all small.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn that sounds like an exciting night. Keep at it! we could use a buck like that for the team!! As far as being busted how was the wind? was it swirling or blowing in the direction those deer busted you from? My guess would be either that or movement in your tree. Good luck, only a day till im sleeping getting ready to get up and hunt finally!!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I am back from Ohio, this week sucked! I got sick on sunday and i am still sick today. I hunted almost every day some days with a 102 degree temp and cold sweats. Good news= 15 different buck spotted between the stand and the fields leading to and from our camp in one day. Bad news= not one was a shooter, they are all young bucks. I shot a doe on thursday so I didn't come home empty handed, now I am going out tonight to try to get that large 8 pointer. The wife is going along to film the hunt from inside the blind. I hope today is better than what I had for the last 6 days. I will post some pics when I put him down. Thanks for the wishes for success, maybe tonight is my night. Maybe not....
Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i went out yesterday for opening day and saw 6 does in the morning which all stayed a little too far out and only saw one in my night sit. My dad saw a big 6 pointer and had him at 25 yards but couldnt get a shot. I guess it was a 6 because it didnt have any brows and it had 10 inch g2s and g3s- this is a buck we havent seen before. And the bad part is he came from right where i was going to sit but I decided to try a new spot. Just my luck. Hopefully this week will bring some better outcomes for everyone
Old 10-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

got us on the board yesterday. Posted the story in the General area. I will need to do a little more accurate scoring in the next few days, but what I measured last night with a string and tape measure came out to just over 130" gross.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!! Great buck and way to get us on the board. I read the story in the bow hunting section but didnt even realize you were on our team. makes it even better! Congrats
Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG. Nice deer. Sorry I haven't been on here much but still trying to get my house organized around hunting. The deer are HAMMERING our food plots and corn! I have some great pics that I will post as soon as I can but don't even have cable/ internet until Tuesday. Heck I don't even have a frig til later today but the living room is looking cool. Mulie sheds around the fireplace, deer and raccoons on the wall, coyotes on the floor. Now all I have to do is mount my bear and aoudad and javelina and ducks and........
Good luck to everyone. Hunt hard and hunt safe.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

WOW Nice deer
Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great buck, congrats and way to get us on the board!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Buck Congrats

We are on the board

Has it been entered in

Last edited by clos21; 10-07-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.