Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6) >

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

hopefully I am going to be out this afternoon. Have some rain coming in this evening so hope to catch them moving.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back tonight from some gamelands. Had a 90-100" 8 point come through right at last light. It was too dark to shoot, but I'm 90% he was getting a free pass anyways. If I see him in full light maybe my opinion will change.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Just got back tonight from some gamelands. Had a 90-100" 8 point come through right at last light. It was too dark to shoot, but I'm 90% he was getting a free pass anyways. If I see him in full light maybe my opinion will change.
Glad to hear your seeing bucks moving. The closer we get to the full moon, their movement and sightings should increase also.
Good luck to you,
Scott
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, movement should start picking up for sure. I saw 4 does ony the 10 minute dirve home as well.

To add to the buck sighting, he came through prior to dark at around 70 yards parallel to me on his way toward a field. I grunted, he'd stop and look, then continue. I lost him for a minute or two and the next time I saw him he was about 100 yards away in the field. I figured why not, I gave a snort wheeze, he froze, looked my direction then turned and jogged back toward me. He got to the field edge then cirlced on me about 45 yards out. He cirlced behind me then continued on his way, he was now about 70 yards out, thinking I still had enough light, I tried one last grunt to bring him back in for a shot opportunity or atleast a better look at him. One grunt he turns around and belines it to me. This time he closes to about 25 yards before he circles, and I got a better look at him. Decided I would let him go. I drew my bow once he had went through and realized I didnt have enough light even if I wanted to shoot. He went back out to the field and mosied off.

Still it was fun interacting with the buck and seeing him respond to my calls. If I see him in the light and hes bigger than I thought, I might take him if given another opportunity. Looked like a large 2.5 or possibly a 3.5. Being that he responded to the snort wheeze, he must be one of the more dominant bucks in the area.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was out again tonight. Saw the same 8 point again around 6:15. He is a bit better than i previously thought he was. If he gives me a true shot opportunity I might take a crack at him. Time will tell.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Chad - love the video's - should try video mode on at least one of ours, those are cool!

Fingers - sounds like you guys are getting some action! - Hope you get a good up close and personal inspection in good light.

Scott best of luck when you head back to Ohio.

Good luck to everyone - and stay safe!

Mike
Old 10-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Last night was the first time I seen a buck in the woods this year in PA. I saw the usual 8 does with there fawns but a small 4 point chased them around for a little while. He's no shooter but it sure let's me know that it's time to go a little closer to their bedding areas and put some scent out to try and draw one in. I'm going to try is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
Scott
Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well yesterday I had a young doe come and dilly dink under my stand at around 4-5 yards for about 30 minutes. The 8 point did not come through though. I'll be out tomorrow in a different spot, hopefully some of this pre-rut action will start, as I've seen nothing yet.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck out there this weekend guys! - I am not going to make it out this weekend, I am the only one in the house that is not sick, so I get to play nurse-maid.

Best of luck!! - Mike
Old 10-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out again. Saw a goofy lookin buck tonight. One side had a brow tine and the main beam corkscrewed upwards. (most likely from an injury) The other side was huge but only had 3 points. I'm hunting a 4 point zone. Nonetheless, he probably would have gottena pass either way. He looked to be a 3.5 year old though. Big body, sagging back, and plump belly. He came in after a few grunts and rattle sequence.

It's getting closer, but we still havent hit the jackpot for activity. Still I dont see any hurry with the bucks, and they just seem to walk through. I'll keep at it though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.