Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6) >

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

Old 09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Wow, we're really slippin down there.. whats up wirth that boys..

So when do some of you get to hunt? My season doesnt start until oct 3rd, as does sr77, but I've been hanging stands and getting ready.. three more weeks and its go time.. cant wait..

How bout the rest of you..
I have been putting the finishing touches on a few spots, want to check one more area. Early doe starts in 5C next saturday the 19th, so I will be out that afternoon after work. I can't wait for October 3rd. Super fired up to get at it this year.

Shane
Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sr77
I have been putting the finishing touches on a few spots, want to check one more area. Early doe starts in 5C next saturday the 19th, so I will be out that afternoon after work. I can't wait for October 3rd. Super fired up to get at it this year.

Shane
Same boat here. Oct 3 can't come fast enough. I went to the area that I showed you all and cut it out. My son has picked out a beautiful spot. He has 2 main trails that intersect about 25 yards out with multiple secondary trails all over. He has the setup in the northern portion. My setup is the one in the strip of trees. I am setup in between the hayfield to my back and a corn field to my left. I have good trails coming to and from the corn into the deep woods. Hopefully they stay on that track.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ron3775
Same boat here. Oct 3 can't come fast enough. I went to the area that I showed you all and cut it out. My son has picked out a beautiful spot. He has 2 main trails that intersect about 25 yards out with multiple secondary trails all over. He has the setup in the northern portion. My setup is the one in the strip of trees. I am setup in between the hayfield to my back and a corn field to my left. I have good trails coming to and from the corn into the deep woods. Hopefully they stay on that track.

Sounds like you guys have yourself a nice spot there. Lots of potential.

Shane
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys - October 1 is the date for IA, I will most likely not be able to get out until later in October though.

Will keep my fingers crossed that they stay on track Ron - sounds like you both have good spots.

Shane - good luck with early doe - that should give you a little tree stand therapy if nothing else.

Chad - congrats on the doe! Now the reezen will be chompinng at the bit for that wide dude! Not sure if you remember last year I pulled a bone head move and took a shot at double wide and very fortunately was way off on trails he was on, encountered brush and had a clean miss (J saw him about a month later and confirmed a clean miss)... well he is hanging around and has done quite a bit of growing! I will be keeping an eye out for him.

M
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the doe!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 5575gb
Here's the doe I took on my first night out. Shot her at 15 or so yards right thru the goodie box and she was down in about 75 yds.Taken with a Reezen 6.5 and a gator head that zipped right on thru her.
Nice shot buddy, meat fro the freezer!

Shane
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Spike

Sept 15 can't come fast enough.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went and scouted a bit this past weekend and found some decent sign in spots. Spotted a few decent bucks out spotlighting one night too. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went and scouted a bit this past weekend and found some decent sign in spots. Spotted a few decent bucks out spotlighting one night too. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Waiting down here as well, I have early doe coming up this saturday. Have a good spot for doe hunting, don't want to go in the woods to much until buck opens in a few weeks.

Shane
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

I think I am going to have to do the same as far as spotting. I am ready to see what is stomping around but don't want to spoil the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.