Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6) >

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)

Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like our Team has hit a road block. I did miss one out in Ohio on 11/22. I shot right over his back. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go back out there. Rifle season comes in here tomorrow. I'm going to try and get my 12 year old son his 1st buck. Wish him luck.
Scott
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Chad,
Congratualations on one very nice buck. That's a super buck. Good Luck with the bow in December.
Scott
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Spike

Default buck

WOW!!!! That is a nice buck
Old 12-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, he is a brute. What did he weigh?

Shane
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

I guess most everyone is waiting for the 2nd bow season to come in. I'm going to bowhunt next Friday in Ohio before the weekend gun season comes back in. I just want one more chance.
Scott
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys - sorry I have not posted for quite a while. As for an update I had numerous nice bucks by so far this season. I had a funky looking half rack buck that I wish had the other side in with a hot doe for about 25 minutes. He had a split brow, forked G-2 and a kicker off the G-3, nice tines and good mass. Earlier this year he had a nice brow tine and main beam on the other side - but that had been busted off. Had one we call the Bandit broadside in a shooting lane at 18 yards. He is a tremendous buck, but needs another year or possibly two.

Had a nice tall heavy beamed 4 X 4 that I hesitated on taking a shot at first... ended up dropping the string on him, deflected on a branch on the way and burried in the ground 10 yards before it got to him.

Had a nice 5 X 5 come in that again I hesitated on taking a shot - beautiful buck, but he did need another year... looked him over again and decided that although he needed another year, I did not want to give him one at that time. Fortunately, bone head Mike misjudged the distance and sent an arrow right over his back. Initially, I did not realize that I had misjudged the distance, but heard the arrow hit branches behind the buck, so I though crap - another deflection (neither of the bucks were in one of the shooting lanes for those stands, but it looked like I had good clear holes all the way in). He jumped back and stood 20 yards from where he stood when I shot at him and stood there for about 5 minutes. Then he slowly walked off and I actually did have several clear shots along the trail he walked, but thinking the prior shot was another deflection, I did not even draw on him again.

I am actually glad I missed him - absolutely should not have taken a shot at him. The 4 X 4 on the other hand - that one realy ticks me off!

Otherwise I had 8 or so 125 - 140 bucks in and a bunch of does. Sorry guys - I should have had some points on the board!

Bow season will start back up this week and I think (maybe hope) I will make it back out for at least a couple sits.

Best of luck to everyone out there still attempting to brave the cold and snow.

M
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default the end

Well season has come to an end, I ended up not taking a buck. Lots of chances but the one I wanted never gave me a chance. I hunted the last couple nights near a food source and had 5 bucks and 10 does come within 15 yards of my blind yesterday evening. Had my 10 yr old out three night in a row same spot before that and not a deer "go figure". So we went out tonight in hopes of him filling his tag and not a deer around. It was tough conditions this week, I'm so darn proud of the little fart he's a real trooper! temps from -10 to -30F with windchills -45+
Just a couple does for me but at least there's meat in the freezer and that Canadian deer really topped it off!
Take care, it was fun!
Chad
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep my season is over as well and I am buckless.. sorry fellas... wasnt due to a lack in trying or sitting time though..
Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is over as well, no bucks, did harvest three does though, so got some meat in the freezer, was a tough year.....

Shane